Cat Tree Shopping

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a cat tree for my cats. I have a room I am giving them and want to start with a good tree. Needs to be online prefer free shipping. Thank you for any recommendations!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I will keep them in mind! If I ever win the lottery I adore the Buckingham Palace but I'd only be able to afford it if I won ha ha!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A sturdy well built cat tree is a must. Cheap ones can topple over easily, especially with energetic cats.

Mountain Pet used to make trees but it looks like they now only make scratchers and toys: Natural, solid wood and sisal cat scratching posts & interactive toys and at Handcrafted Cat Scratching Posts & Toys by MountainPetProducts

I have a sturdy Aruba Cat tree. I'm not sure if they sell online and ship but you can ask. ARUBACAT - CAT FURNITURE

CatsPlay Superstore - Cat Furniture, Gyms, Toys, Beds and More! has tons of trees and furniture.

Etsy.com has lots of handmade cat tree and furniture. Some sellers even do custom made trees. But you most likley will have to pay shipping.

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat, medium build. He has an Armarkat A6702 which has been great. It takes up a small area, has a nice height, and is plenty sturdy. He loves it. If space is an issue and height is a desire I would recommend it.

thistooisacat.jpg

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks great! I found the one I am going to get and will post a picture when I have it!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of high maintenance, and my bubba is 13 lbs of pure kitten energy, so I go heavy duty and get my cat trees from DrsFosterSmith. We've had the Kitty Castle for years, and I'm looking into adding the Amusement Park. He just started breaking the small tree that I bought two summers ago from Petsmart because he launches his lard at full speed off of it during the crazies... hence why I need to spend twice as much on the Amusement Park, if I'm not having to throw it away in less than two years.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be sure to post a picture as soon as I get the tree and have it put together. Good to know that there should be hardware to attach it to the wall. One of my cats is 11lbs the other is 8lbs. Placing my order tomorrow soon as my check clears the bank!

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
H himawari Yes, please give an update on the vesper! My cat is mostly a ground cat - not much interested in going higher than the back of the couch - so I was considering getting her the short vesper.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Sorry I have not been on in a while. Jasmine got out and was hit by a car. We moved shortly after that. Sadly Jasmine passed away from her injuries. Sylvester did not mourn long. I think he is happy being an only cat. He gets his choice of the towers on the tree to sleep on ha. He adores is and uses it every day. We often find him sleeping on one of the raised platforms. Right now though he is curled up with us on the couch.

toaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a Vesper cat tree, the one with one platform and one cubby hole, for my 15 week british shorthair/Devon Rex mixed cat. Right now she loves climbing the scratcher and can jump on the cubby hole, but can’t jump directly on the highest platform.

So far she hasn’t shown interest in being much higher than the seat of the couch, but there’s room for her to grow.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a Glee Pet 48" tall tree off eBay for my two, who never had one (the same tree seems to be sold there under various brands and prices). They had to be bribed with treats to get on it, but seem to enjoy the platforms now. They still won't go into the hidey-hole, even though I put their dirty old sleeping towel inside along with treats.

It's reasonably-priced, easy to assemble and even comes with the tool to do it. Plus, it's endorsed by Jackson Galaxy, although the cats didn't seem to be so impressed with that.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, may I ask how is your Vesper cat tree? I am considering getting one.
H himawari Yes, please give an update on the vesper! My cat is mostly a ground cat - not much interested in going higher than the back of the couch - so I was considering getting her the short vesper.
Hi! So I bought the Vesper High Base back in January of this year. After two months, the first two scratch posts on the bottom came undone. It isn't glued or taped, just tightly wound -- not a match for any cat who likes to scratch/keep their paws sharp. When I tried to purchase the posts separately (separate parts are expensive imo!), I had trouble with their customer service. It turns out that they have different versions of the same parts. So in order for me to get the right ones, I'd have to undo the tree and build it again -- which is a pain. And their return policy kinda sucks. Their instruction manual is TERRIBLE and had to resort to a youtube video review (thank god!). It took close to two hours to assemble when I feel it should have only taken an hour.

It isn't as stable as I'd like. When my cat jumps from the top of the cubby hole to the very top flat bed, it wiggles a bit. I definitely suggest putting it next to a wall. The beds are very soft but dirty easily. I spot clean it though. The small circular post on top of the cubby hole doesn't get used. My cat doesn't like the feel of it.

Aside from that, I am happy with my purchase because my cat LOVES it. He is mostly in the cubby hole, especially when he wants to be left alone. Around midnight, you can find him on the top flat bed. For some reason he's never used the flat bed on the bottom. I actually feed him on top of the cubby hole because of my dog. It's a tight fit but manageable.

Sorry for the long post, but you wanted a review! LOL

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi all! Sorry I have not been on in a while. Jasmine got out and was hit by a car. We moved shortly after that. Sadly Jasmine passed away from her injuries. Sylvester did not mourn long. I think he is happy being an only cat. He gets his choice of the towers on the tree to sleep on ha. He adores is and uses it every day. We often find him sleeping on one of the raised platforms. Right now though he is curled up with us on the couch.
I'm so sorry to hear about Jasmine. :( I'm glad to hear Sylvester adjusted well though. Its hard to see them sad too.

oonawingedwolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We didn't know her long but we gave her as much love as we could. She just kept wanting back outside. One day we got a package and we couldn't catch her. She died before we reached the vet.

vanstar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! So I bought the Vesper High Base back in January of this year. After two months, the first two scratch posts on the bottom came undone. It isn't glued or taped, just tightly wound -- not a match for any cat who likes to scratch/keep their paws sharp. When I tried to purchase the posts separately (separate parts are expensive imo!), I had trouble with their customer service. It turns out that they have different versions of the same parts. So in order for me to get the right ones, I'd have to undo the tree and build it again -- which is a pain. And their return policy kinda sucks. Their instruction manual is TERRIBLE and had to resort to a youtube video review (thank god!). It took close to two hours to assemble when I feel it should have only taken an hour.

It isn't as stable as I'd like. When my cat jumps from the top of the cubby hole to the very top flat bed, it wiggles a bit. I definitely suggest putting it next to a wall. The beds are very soft but dirty easily. I spot clean it though. The small circular post on top of the cubby hole doesn't get used. My cat doesn't like the feel of it.

Aside from that, I am happy with my purchase because my cat LOVES it. He is mostly in the cubby hole, especially when he wants to be left alone. Around midnight, you can find him on the top flat bed. For some reason he's never used the flat bed on the bottom. I actually feed him on top of the cubby hole because of my dog. It's a tight fit but manageable.

Sorry for the long post, but you wanted a review! LOL
Thank you very much for the detailed review!!! Yeah I noticed that many people had the same problem with scratch posts as well, and that is what makes me hesitated. I really really love how the tree looks though.