Cat Treasures

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to wondering, does anyone have a favorite cat knickknack that they treasure?  Collect anything to do with cats?  Remember a cat "treasure"  you once had?  Are you drawn to anything cat-themed?

I have a porcelain cat statue that I won on ebay of a very pretty siamese cat with pretty blue rhinestone eyes.  It was very inexpensive but it makes me smile!  

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bell shaped like a cat (some what). It was given to me by an older gentleman that I use to work with back in the 90's just before he passed away. He knew I loved cats, he found this and thought of me as soon as he saw it. I still have it to this day and it is precious to my heart. He was like the grandfather I never knew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have a bell shaped like a cat (some what). It was given to me by an older gentleman that I use to work with back in the 90's just before he passed away. He knew I loved cats, he found this and thought of me as soon as he saw it. I still have it to this day and it is precious to my heart. He was like the grandfather I never knew.
I know, I have often seen over the years, how people connect with the love of cats.   

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I can pick a favorite.....

Between my cat-bird teapot, and the hand crafted coffee mugs....

Or the cute little nicknacks given by friends.....

Or my lovely victorian statuette.....

Or the hand painted kitty I got at a Greek festival a few years ago....

Oh yeah... and we also have the Michael Parks print of the white leopard and cub (Rock Dove).  Very early 90's, but we still love it. lol

Truth is, the only one I actually bought for myself was the one from the Greek festival.  All the others are gifts that have been given to me over the years... which is why they are all special to me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My parents like to go to Car Boot Sales in their spare time and they picked this ceramic cats head out for me.

It's supposed to be a string and scissors holder. There is a hole in the mouth for the string to come out of and the green bow has a hole to put the scissors in. I think it looks better on the mail box though.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing these pieces and hearing these stories!      

I collect also, the antique Mainzer humanized cat postcards that show cats in many zany situations.  I bid for them on ebay.   Siamese porcelain figurines are also very big collectibles on ebay.

I love the very unique pieces posted in the above photos!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several cat things I like.  My favorite is a glass cat that my Grandmother gave me when I was a kid.  I appreciate it more as an adult I think!  

I also have some little cat figurines.  A few were hand made by an old TCSer years ago!  One set are made from pottery and they were a Secret Santa present from one of the exchanges here years ago.  I also have 2 wine bottles that are cat shaped.  My mother found those for me.  

I have other things; mostly random finds or gifts.  I don't purposely seek out cat things; but I enjoy them and I certainly don't mind being given them as gifts.  It always makes me think that whoever gave me the gift recognized that my cats are important to me.  

Most of my things are packed away at the moment.  I had them in a curio cabinet that we had to move when we had a wood stove installed lat month.  I just haven't gotten around to unpacking those boxes.  

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was almost two years ago that I posted about some collectibles I have that are cat-themed. Well, my searching and collecting cat items has only gotten more and more. I have only recently purchased a camera, so at last, I can show you some of my items.

A very cherished item of mine is an Enesco Japanese porcelain cat I'm guessing from the 1960s. I won it on ebay for a very good price. I hope to have it always. It is missing two rhinestones on the necklace, but I love it so much! I believe this is part of a trio of Siamese cats, one other playing the saxophone and the third playing the accordion. Has anyone seen these? I love the pretty face.
20171023_132518.jpg

I also have a pair of plush Siamese cats that a co-worker gave me for Christmas last year.
20171023_133712-1-1.jpg The one in the foreground I call New Cat, the cat in the background I call Speedy who may be slightly jealous.

Does anyone love cat items like me? I'd love to hear about or see your cat treasures!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, yes. I have a lot of cat things. My favorite is a huge cat puzzle that I put together many years ago. It was hard to put together because there were no straight edges on the puzzle. When I finished I went to the craft store and bought some glue to put on the back so it would stay together. Hubby made me a frame for it with some of the wood siding from the old farmhouse where I grew up. It hangs on the wall in my house now.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 , oh, puzzles....there are some beautiful cat puzzles that I see in the stores. I forgot about these. Now that is a really special cat treasure with the wonderful frame it is in now. I am imagining you smile every time you see it. What is the cat scene like inside the puzzle?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 , oh, puzzles....there are some beautiful cat puzzles that I see in the stores. I forgot about these. Now that is a really special cat treasure with the wonderful frame it is in now. I am imagining you smile every time you see it. What is the cat scene like inside the puzzle?
It is a cross eyed cat with a butterfly on the end of his nose.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents like to go to Car Boot Sales in their spare time and they picked this ceramic cats head out for me.

It's supposed to be a string and scissors holder. There is a hole in the mouth for the string to come out of and the green bow has a hole to put the scissors in. I think it looks better on the mail box though.
The real treasure in this photo is sitting on top of the mailbox. :loveeyes: :blush::biggrin:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a cross eyed cat with a butterfly on the end of his nose.[/QUOTE]

blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 , I think I've seen that one before!
Kat0121 Kat0121 , that indeed is a treasure sitting on the mailbox!

I have been collecting these cards for about five years, commonly known as Mainzer postcards. I am in love with them. They depict cats as humans in all kinds of zany situations. I think I have at least 30 of them. I fell in love with them during the 1980's when my sister, who knows I love anything cats, would pick them up at a gift store when she was on vacation.
20171023_191027.jpg

Does anyone remember these? The children cats in the cards seem to be always in some sort of mischief.