Cat training human :)

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We usually think about how to change our cats' behavior but when I think back, it turns out i'm more trained by minish than vice versa.
There are many examples but here is the story of how minish taught all the family how to open screen doors for her, like, immediately:

When she was kitten, we cheered up when she climbed the screen door, our little ninja. Summer ended. A cat doesn't forget. Next summer, when we started using the screen door again, she demanded to be let out. When we didn't open it, she didn't press on. After some time, we saw minish outside, demanding to be let in! It turns out, she had climbed all the way up, made a neat tear and climbed down when we weren't looking. There was a big fuss and scolding, since mosquitoes never forgive. Next day, minish just put a claw on the screen door, looked back at us, gave a mini-meow, then looked on the top corner of the screen door (already mended). Since that day, she never has to ask twice.

How did your cats train you?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:no training was needed i am the proven enabler case in point my gf just completed her residency today i she wants to pick up dinner someplace or other on the way back from visiting both our parents its a trap i already know since theres lots of clothing storeswhere the food is etc. sucker that i am i will say yes when she mentions she would like to browse a lil to unwind same thing with graycie i cant walk into petco and not buy a toy or something for her

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a side gate that has vertical bars spaced wide enough for the cat to squeeze through and watched him many a time though the window.
But if someone is out in the yard he will stand at the gate and yell at the top of his voice for someone to open the gate for him.
And Bengals are loud so you can hear him 3 blocks away.
Have that awful "used" feeling when he goes through the opened gate and doesn't even glance at you to say thankyou.
Sure he is thinking he has suckered us again.

Last edited:

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan will sit by the bookshelf where her wand toys are stored and give long, drawn out meows when she wants more play time. If that doesn't work, she brings toys to my husband for a game of fetch.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge will meow at us just before their lunch as they have learnt what time they have it. If we don't go and get it for them they will try and cause havoc to make us move, by ripping the carpet or climbing on us!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Near meal times, the outside cats will stare at me through the windows and meow at me until I give them food. They will follow me with their eyes from window to window :lol: