Cat toys?

Andi D.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m working on finding toys that my cat might like to play with when she’s alone. I play with her a lot when I’m off work, but there’s still 8 hours where she’s alone and I know she gets bored. Do you guys know of any toys that might be entertaining without a person there to help? She prefers things with feathers if that helps.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Here's an Article about how to choose the best toy for your cat that might have some helpful information for you:
How To Choose The Best Toy For Your Cat – TheCatSite Articles

I understand you wanting to be able to offer toys for her to play with when she's alone. I think that's a great idea but keep in mind that most cats enjoy playing when you are there to interact with them. :catlove:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know why but my 6 yr old cat still plays with that wheel shaped toy with a ball. She just beats it back and forth for a long time. I guess she likes the sound. Coco also had it when she was outside as a stray

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you're looking for toys for her to play with when she's alone, I would avoid things with feathers or anything else she could chew off and swallow. Most cat toys, actually, have warnings to not let cat play with unsupervised. So that's something to keep in mind.

Also, as maggie101 maggie101 mentioned, your cat is likely to sleep most of the time when you're away.

One toy that might work, and may be the same as maggie101 maggie101 suggested, is the Bergan Turbo Scratcher. Bonus, if your cat likes cardboard scratchers.

1596481165466.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IYSAIW/?tag=thecatsite

Welcome to TCS, btw. :wave2: We have a New Cats on the Block forum, where you can introduce yourself, and your cat(s), if you'd like.

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat likes the toys that make noise, like a battery operated squeaking sound when it is moved. She plays with one similar to the pictures someone else posted, but with three tracks stacked on top - she plays with that one every day, all by herself.