Cat Toys For Outside

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
A good friend of mine that does TNR has 12 cats outside in an I closed yard. She has a catio attached to her garage that she built with her neighbor. Very interesting house! Where can she get a bulk supply of inexpensive catgrass or catnip? She wants them to have toys outside.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Chewy has cat grass, maybe you can just order a bunch of packets?

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the weather is hot, you can give them large water bowls with ice cubes and other floating objects (balls, bottle corks, plastic ducks...) (see photo); tree trunks to scratch; hammocks to hide in (and to relax after playing) and cat tunnels.

IMG_3396.JPG IMG_3098.JPG

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can attest to the joy a cat has with ice cubes in water bowls... yesterday it reached 96 degrees and we introduced the ice cube "game" to Milly.
It took up a half hour of her time!
sm-084.gif

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can just "search-engine" for local "bulk or wholesale catnip supply" and put [your] location in the search parameters too, and find several choices.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah:

A Google search came up with these:

One Pound of Cat Grass - Amazon.com
Oat Grass seeds 1 pound (organic) FREE Shipping!
Cat Grass
Catnip Seeds
Catnip Herb Seeds for Commercial Greenhouses and Home Herb Gardens
Bulk Catnip Seeds

I wouldn't go crazy buying a huge amount of catnip seeds. If you let the plants grown to full sized with flowers at the top, the flowers eventually turn to seed which you can collect and save for next year. Or just let the seeds naturally fall into the ground and grow again next year.