Cat toy FAILURES!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Try putting the mouse under a sheet of newspaper or something similar.
Oh, what a great idea! Their favorite toy is actually the packing paper that comes in Chewy boxes. It makes such wonderful rustling noises. I’m sure they’d love to “hunt” for Mouse under it.
Next FAIL.... The krinkle tube
All our cats like to play in packing paper. They hide under it, race and jump on it to hear it crinkle. Lay on it, sleep under it etc.
Yep. Packing paper...fascinating. Mine also like to simply sit or even sleep on it. Krinkle tube? Nope. I took it to the shelter where I used to volunteer so it could be ignored there as well. :lol: Only the kittens had the least bit of interest in it, and that was only for hide and pounce on each other.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a great idea! Their favorite toy is actually the packing paper that comes in Chewy boxes. It makes such wonderful rustling noises. I’m sure they’d love to “hunt” for Mouse under it.

Yep. Packing paper...fascinating. Mine also like to simply sit or even sleep on it. Krinkle tube? Nope. I took it to the shelter where I used to volunteer so it could be ignored there as well. :lol: Only the kittens had the least bit of interest in it, and that was only for hide and pounce on each other.
I throw a toy and my runs and jumps in the trash. Good workout for me and my cat because I have piles in corners

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything that is automatic or motor driven my guys hate and hiss at. I've learned these toys are a total waste of money. The only automatic thing they like is the printer they shred the paper as the printer spits it out.

Often a feather duster makes an amusing toy or even a rolled up piece of paper.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their favorite toy is actually the packing paper that comes in Chewy boxes.
We just buy packages of plain newsprint packing paper from Walmart then dole them out, a couple at a time, for Casper to play with.

There are almost always a few sheets of paper on the floor in Casper's play area at any given time. When they get torn up, we use them to wrap garbage in, throw them out and put out a fresh one.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine love to play with Chewy paper and boxes too...until Oliver ruins it...by spraying it :cool2:

Zoey just loves a little bit of receipt paper crumpled into a ball.
The the other kids enjoy their "modified" spin a ball..
20200117_144808.jpg

Other favorites also live in the bathtub....I have to reorganize when I want to take a shower 🚿

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Can we get Chewy to just send boxes of crumpled packing paper? :please:
Come on over and I'll give you some!
i would love to find a toy that lasts and can hold up to graycies rough play.OurPets® Catty Whack™ Electronic Cat Toy | cat Electronic & Interactive | PetSmart her favorite one but she breaks them to fast.cat wands are a waste she cuts the string on them every time
There are cat wands made out of leather with leather toys. Mine is the Purrfect leather bouncer. I have had it for 3 yrs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G90773S/?tag=thecatsite

There's a new one with a leather mouse I want to buy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
..................... So another orange and white tabby named June Bug? I though we had the only one! (ours is one word, Junebug)
Its a fun name! - We found her in June and my wife named her. June Bug's story

June Bug is is a sweetheart and is the youngest of our three. She is three and still LOVES to play. The other cats don't play with her as much as she would like, so we play with her every day. And, I buy her toys I think she might like.

June Bug as a kitten

All grown up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can we get Chewy to just send boxes of crumpled packing paper? :please:
"Chewy Day" is a big deal at our house!

I am looking at these pics......and all the fun they are having with some paper............... Can someone explain to me why I spent twelve bucks on that stupid fish?:lol: