Cat Tongue Laceration

AnimalMomma24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I’m new to this website but I’m in need of some help.
It’s been about 6 days now since my cat got into a fight with my dog. I took him to the vet and they said he had a tooth fracture though because I wasn’t in the back with them I couldn’t tell them that tooth never fully grew in as he suffered abuse as a kitten from previous owner. Anyway the vet said it was a tooth fracture that is why he was drooling and had nose bleed.
A few days past and I noticed that he had cut his tongue during the fight, it wasn’t a big fight and it wasn’t a super bad cut but nonetheless it was cut. He’s been congested sneezing and coughing after eating which I figured was normal after the nose bleed. The vet only gave him some pain meds but should I be concerned or is this normal healing for this situation? hes eating, drinking water and acting completely normal besides when he does eat he will cough and sneeze for a few minutes then it’s over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnimalMomma24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just curious if anyone has experienced the same thing. I am wondering if the vet ever noticed the tongue because she never mentioned it. I’ve seen similar posts but no one talked about the after care and healing process.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've not had this happen, either. What I would suggest is watching him through the weekend. If he doesn't get noticeably better, or (God forbid) get worse, then take him back in, on an emergency basis, if needed.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Don't hesitate to call the vet back and ask if she saw the tongue injury. You already paid for the visit, so a question is in order. You aren't asking for free advice.