Cat Tattoos?

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have cat themed tattoos or even tattoos dedicated to a specific cat? I got my best friend's exact paw prints tattooed to my arm. I used a non toxic ink pad to get her prints. It was not as easy as it sounds though. lol After much research, I found a style that I liked and took it to my tattoo artist. This project took 8 hours to do and it was brutal because of all the shading. But, it was worth it for me to have a piece of Pumpkin with me for the rest of my life. I lost Pumpkin to cancer in 2017. But, since I got the tattoos a few years before, I don't associate them with her death, but with her life. Even though she is gone, I can still look at her little paw prints on my arm and remember how much she meant to me.
So, I am curious if anyone else has done something similar.

Healed Tattoo.JPG

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your paw prints look nothing like my paw prints. I did clean his up a little before I took them to the artist, but this is what I decided on.
Your cat must have the most statuesque tootsies, ever.

The tattoo is a almost 6 years old and didn't hold the black well even after the 1 month retouch. I think the right paw pad scarred a bit on healing, too, just there on the left edge.

Original

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh! I don't have anything to contribute to this post but I've been starting to think of cat-related tattoos that I could get of my baby boy Gizmo and I love love love the idea of his paw prints. Thank you guys for sharing!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love love love the idea of his paw prints.
He's been wuffling me behind the ear and fluffing down my neck since he was a little kid, so I got sentimental on location, but holy geez it was painful.
My previous tattoo had been done at 19, and this one at 31, so maybe it was just me and had nothing to do with the edge of my skull *shrug* :crackup:

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's been wuffling me behind the ear and fluffing down my neck since he was a little kid, so I got sentimental on location, but holy geez it was painful.
My previous tattoo had been done at 19, and this one at 31, so maybe it was just me and had nothing to do with the edge of my skull *shrug* :crackup:
I'm 30 and have never had a tattoo so if it sucked for you at 31, I'll probably be in the same boat no matter where I choose to get it! :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably wouldn't get a tattoo for a specific cat, but I do want to get a tattoo of a semicolon with the dot as a cat head. Semicolons have become synonymous with empowering those who have or have survived depression. The semicolon was chosen because in literature a semicolon is used when an author chooses to not end a sentence. You are the author and the sentence is your life. Having survived an 11-year bout of depression, getting a semicolon tattoo is significant for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your paw prints look nothing like my paw prints. I did clean his up a little before I took them to the artist, but this is what I decided on.
Your cat must have the most statuesque tootsies, ever.

The tattoo is a almost 6 years old and didn't hold the black well even after the 1 month retouch. I think the right paw pad scarred a bit on healing, too, just there on the left edge.

Original
I like your tattoo! From your picture, I can't see any scarring, but maybe a very tiny bit of ink loss, which can happen with lighter shaded tattoos. I thought of getting my tattoos in a similar ink print right on the skin type style. But, after spending a lot of time online, I found these dog print tattoos that were shadowed and almost looked like they where left in fresh mud. I brought the dog tattoo along with all of Pumpkin's ink prints to my tattoo artist. He liked the idea and said that he gets a lot of people who come in with generic paw prints they got off line and was excited to try something new. So, my tattoos are Pumpkin's exact paw prints, but with some shading added. I like how they turned out. But, about 85% of my tattoo was shading. So, it was super painful. Plus, we did it all at once in a 7 hour session, followed by an hour touch up a month later.
Here is the sample dog paw style that I used.
100_3103 - Copy.jpg
and Here is my tattoo right after it was finished
100_4722.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you to everyone who has responded so far! I was a little worried about putting myself out there with something so personal and important to me.:paranoid: I am still fairly new here and was unsure how a topic about tattoos would be received by this community. Tattoos are becoming more mainstream, but I know that does not mean that everyone is accepting of them. I started an album in the gallery for cat tattoos, so feel free to add to it if you want. They don't even have to be your tattoos. Any cat themed tattoos or designs that you like or have come across are cool too! :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably wouldn't get a tattoo for a specific cat, but I do want to get a tattoo of a semicolon with the dot as a cat head. Semicolons have become synonymous with empowering those who have or have survived depression. The semicolon was chosen because in literature a semicolon is used when an author chooses to not end a sentence. You are the author and the sentence is your life. Having survived an 11-year bout of depression, getting a semicolon tattoo is significant for me.
I find it funny that 3 years ago I said I likely wouldn't get a tattoo of a specific cat, but I actually ended up doing that this last July.
thumbnail (11).jpg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any yet but I'm planning to get two paws on my wrist for Toffee and Fudge when I can be brave and suck up to it!

I have a friend who has her cat's name on her wrist and a paw next to it.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will absolutely get something for Sassy when I think of what I want and find a good artist to do it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I (and two of our friends) are going to Salem in October and we are both planning on getting matching tattoos. We found a few tattoos we wanted to get and then we decided it would be funny to personalize it with a thermos because it refers to our family's favorite movie, The Jerk. Here are the mockups I made for ideas. I like the moon one more, but my sister likes the broom one. So we'll have to figure something out before October.

cattattoothermos (1).jpg
cattattoothermos2 (1).jpg

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I (and two of our friends) are going to Salem in October and we are both planning on getting matching tattoos. We found a few tattoos we wanted to get and then we decided it would be funny to personalize it with a thermos because it refers to our family's favorite movie, The Jerk. Here are the mockups I made for ideas. I like the moon one more, but my sister likes the broom one. So we'll have to figure something out before October.

View attachment 422938 View attachment 422939
They are both really cute, I love the thermos added to make them have meaning for you. You'll have to post which one you decide to get.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no tattoos and no interest in getting one at my age. But if I did, it might be an inspirational animal quote rather than a specific cat. Somethiing such as "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” –Anatole France or "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ― Mahatma Gandhi.