Cat Tattoos?

LokiLamia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a panther, cliche I know. I brought a photo of my lovely torture girl to the tattoo parlor and he thought a black panther would be better. My whole shoulder on one side and down to my bra straps. She was a pretty girl I adopted from a neighbor because they just kept letting her have litter after litter. I named her Electra. She got me through the last half of high school and moved to 3 or 4 different places with me. A loyal die hard friend. Here is what her coloring looked like. Maybe a bit blacker. Memory fades.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i want one but hear that they hurt so im on the fence about it ... i have always wanted one
The amount of pain often depends on where and what you get. If there is a lot of color or shading, it will be more painful. If it is fairly simple and not on a sensitive or boney part of your body, it shouldn't be too bad. It also depends on your pain tolerance and to some extent, the skill of your artist. I think the part that gets me every time I have been tattooed is not the tattooing itself but the constant wiping of the raw area with a rough paper towel. The artist will have to continually wipe as they go to keep their field of view clear. So, if you choose a super complicated or detailed tattoo, it will take longer and there will be a lot more wiping.
You could mock up a few ideas and run it by a local artist to see what they think. They should be able to give you an estimate of how long and involved your idea would be. I recommend getting something simple and easy for a first tattoo. That way you can get a feel for the process and see what your own limits are. If your first one goes well, you can plan something more elaborate for your next one.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it’s a simple line tattoo on a fleshy part of your body it isn’t particularly painful. More like a cross between hot and ticklish in my experience. (I have one on my bicep and one on my upper breast area, they didn’t really hurt. But they weren’t cats, so not for showing in this thread! 😸)