Cat Swallowed Nerf Bullet Atlanta

monica78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good Afternoon Guys,

I have a cousin who's kitten Nala has swallowed Nerf gun foam bullets. She is not sure as to how many as she was at work when it happened. She found her napping on top of the bag where the bullets were supposed to be in. Issue is this isn't the first time Nala has done this. About two weeks ago she went through the same thing. After two days with IV's, blood work, and I believe surgery (it blocked the kidneys), it drained her financially. Does anyone know a low paying vet clinic or a clinic in the Atlanta area that could work out payment plans?

Thanks

Much Appreciated

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know anywhere in the area. She might get information from a rescue group, or shelter, maybe humane society in her area? Most vet offices will work out a payment plan i think.

I would highly recommend she get the kitten checked very soon, if she swallowed those it could be life threatening. I would also recommend that your friend keep these where the cat cant get to them? Some kittens, most kittens, eat things they shouldn't, unfortunately that creates the need for us to be extra vigilant about what we leave out, keep everything picked up and put away. Kind of like with a kid.

Wishing her the best, let us know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monica78

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys....Nala is all better. She took her back to the vet...got some x-ray.... and nothing. Turned out that she had some constipation. They gave her something that made her go and she is all better now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! :)

Hopefully they have put the nerf bag out of the kittens reach now!