Cat suddenly tried biting leg.

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has been with for more than 3 mths now. Adopted her in July this year. She is 2.5yrs old now. Used to be a breeding cat. Steealized in July when I got her .She is usually the not so hyper or playful type as she is a Bengal. Nor eof a sleep eat and occasional teaser chaser . She is also not the type that allows us to hug her or pet her unless she allows for short rubs. However notice for past 3 days she has been coming up to me and rubbing around my legs. Read it's way of her marking or showing affection.. just now she tried grabbing my leg and attemp to bite me. Move away to sleep and again she lay beside me on pouncing mode and attack my hands and my legs by attempt to scratch and bite. No hissing but wide eyes and tail flicking. Changed my pants to another and tried locking her out. After a while she seemed calmer and behaved as normal. What could be the reason?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe she is 'coming into her own', in that she is realizing she is a house cat and not a breeding cat any longer? I don't know what her lifestyle was like before, but she sounds as if she is comfortable enough now in your home and away from being bred that she is actually doing silly cat stuff! The grabbing and attempting to bite sounds like she wants to play - as does the pouncing she is doing in your bed.

Maybe try playing with her more during the day time and see if that helps to subside some of her bedtime behavior. Was she 'sleeping' with you before these antics started?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she is getting comfortable enough to attempt to play with you. While this is a step forward you certainly don’t want to encourage her to attack/bite you especially in bed. When she does this I would loudly tell her “no biting”, pick her up, set her outside your room and shut her out for the night.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…boredom? Sometimes cats get really restless and rev up like static on a carpet…perhaps a catnip mouse? Kitty in a bag? A laser pointer? I tend to LIKE a cat a little bitey, but those chompers in the photo say “thick leather gloves” to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is 'coming into her own', in that she is realizing she is a house cat and not a breeding cat any longer? I don't know what her lifestyle was like before, but she sounds as if she is comfortable enough now in your home and away from being bred that she is actually doing silly cat stuff! The grabbing and attempting to bite sounds like she wants to play - as does the pouncing she is doing in your bed.

Maybe try playing with her more during the day time and see if that helps to subside some of her bedtime behavior. Was she 'sleeping' with you before these antics started?
She does not sleep next to us physically.rather on a chair next to our bed which is her "bed". She made the chair Hera.
She will sit or lay on our bed but will walk towards the chair to sleep.

Attachments

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Believe she wants my attention as myself the late sleeper and she usually sleeps in the day.
Tried to keep her awake in day but no use. She can sleep through vacuuming noise and not care of us. After mths of treatment for her ear infection, finally we are not dropping anything in her ears now. But she still on a math long liquid oral drops. Infection is being investigated if food or environment related..

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that bites my leg "affectionately." I know it's a love bite, but it does hurt a bit. He only does it when I'm sitting on the WC when he wants me to cuddle with him (bathroom time being his daily cuddle session with me).

It's obvious he's soliciting my attention, and I agree that your cat is most likely doing the same.

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is usually the not so hyper or playful type as she is a Bengal.
Not sure where you’ve heard this, but a Bengal cat is normally extremely hyper, and requires a great deal of play activity, even daily leash walks, to get their energy out. At only 2.5 your cat is in their prime. As others have said, she probably is just getting comfortable now. Being a breeding cat, she may have just been exhausted before. She wants to hunt, and you’re it, unless you give her the alternatives in play. Find what peaks her interest, whether she wants a wand toy with feathers to fly through the air, or a mouse to drag along the ground.

She was bred to be part wild, and it will take a lot of input from you to keep her active and happy. Good luck!

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure where you’ve heard this, but a Bengal cat is normally extremely hyper, and requires a great deal of play activity, even daily leash walks, to get their energy out. At only 2.5 your cat is in their prime. As others have said, she probably is just getting comfortable now. Being a breeding cat, she may have just been exhausted before. She wants to hunt, and you’re it, unless you give her the alternatives in play. Find what peaks her interest, whether she wants a wand toy with feathers to fly through the air, or a mouse to drag along the ground.

She was bred to be part wild, and it will take a lot of input from you to keep her active and happy. Good luck!
Maybe my sentencing is not right.
I expect to be hyper as a Bengal but she is not.
I did called the breeder to check and she herself git her from a breeder in UK.
She explained that as the cat was of 5th gen (my country Singapore only allow 5th gen for Bengal and Savannah), she may not be as hyper or wild depending on her parentage. Even when she was housed with the other cats,she tend to keep alone to herself acc to her breeder.

Another point I like to highlight is her size is small for a 2.5yr old. She looks like an8mth kitten size. Heard female are smaller but even the vet say she is small for her beeed.
But she is like my daughter now as mine are old boys. Lol

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update to my thread.
Visited the vet again as she show signs of scratching.
Luckily no more yeast infection in years but it's wax.
Vet suspect her food allergy still existing and causing wax build up. Will be changing to venison wet and kibbles.
But her behaviour change is mystery.
She is a laid back cat.
Then she started to bite my ankle.
Now she starts to bite me and hit me with her paws at night. She is more active at night then previously and she does not want me to sleep in my bed.
Surprisingly when I sleep on the sofa, she behaves better and sleeps beside but a short distance from me.
In day the she totally ignores me and wants nothing to do with me.
Is this weird for a cat?