Cat suddenly scared when I stand or move

JennFab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 year old female cat recently had emergency surgery. When I brought her home she was fine just miserable with her cone on. I got her a recovery collar and that made things much better. About a week after surgery my dad spooked her and now whenever I’m standing or moving around she hisses and growls and sometimes hides. If I’m sitting or laying down she will come to me and cuddle and want pets. This has been going on for a couple days now. I take her to get her staples removed tomorrow and hoping that may help but any advice is welcomed.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's not feeling well and still has staples so is especially sensitive.

If catnip makes her calm that can help. Cat calming music or even music in general is great as it stops them listening to every single small sound and being on edge about it.

Feliway if you don't have some already.

When she hides or hisses, speak to her calmly and softly and remind her you don't want to ever hurt her. You can try coaxing her out with some treat. This behaviour should subside once she is feeling well. I wouldn't worry too much before she's healed. Her instincts are just trying to protect her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There is RelaxMyCat .com, Musicforcats .com and Spotify and other sources have harp music that's specifically for cats :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennFab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let us know how she does :vibes::goodluck::heartshape:
She is doing much better. Staples came out Saturday morning and she was still spicy Saturday evening. But now this hissing is at a minimum and we are getting along just fine. It’s nice having my cuddly cat back. Thank you all for the advice.