Cat suddenly not giving attention

CAthhomer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I need advice I have a 7 year old Burmese cat all this time he has always come up to me and sat on me and give me cuddles etc but for some reason 5 days ago ish he has suddenly not come near me won’t sit on me or give me cuddles and any time I go near him he juSt moves away from me
This is really upsetting me as he hasn’t done this before can I get some advice on what to do as he’s not normally like this but it’s really upsetting me why he suddenly won’t go near me

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is he eating, drinking, using the litter box? When my cat stays away from people for a day or so she is usually feeling ill. A vet visit is a good idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CAthhomer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he is eating drinking normally and using litter box normal too

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Have you changed soap, lotions, perfumes, deodorants, taking new medications, etc? You'd be amazed to find out changes like this can have a negative affect on a cat. How about job change where you are bringing in new scents on your clothing? A cat or dog outside that you are petting?

CAthhomer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No changed lotions etc but did use an ear spray a few days ago that did smell a bit
That’s only difference I can think of
Also why will he stil have cuddles from my husband and daughter? Which upsets me even more to see him doing that
If it was fact hr was unwell I assume he wouldn’t be giving them attention either?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also why will he stil have cuddles from my husband and daughter? Which upsets me even more to see him doing that If it was fact hr was unwell I assume he wouldn’t be giving them attention either?
That is precisely why I think it has something to do with you specifically.

EDIT: If not the ear spray itself, perhaps an infection resulting in you needing the ear spray? If it is not scent related, then it could be an unfortunate interaction between the two of you. Did you happen to accidentally step on or kick her? Raise your voice with someone on the phone, etc? Keep searching.

Last edited:

CAthhomer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haven’t had any accident with him at all recently
Only recent thing that happened is problem with my jaw and ear

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Only recent thing that happened is problem with my jaw and ear
So, maybe that is it. If not the ear spray, the irritation (or, even pain) you might be feeling is changing your demeanor somehow? Cats are so much more intuitive/instinctive than humans.

Wish I had more ideas, but I don't. Perhaps, some other members will have some additional ideas for you to ponder.