Cat Suddenly Lethargic But Healthy. Help!

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have a 2 year old cat named Mio and she's suddenly been acting lethargic and won't play at all the past few days. She won't run or even move around much, and seems quite drowsy (droopy eyes). She also sleeps for most of the day which she hasn't before and it's got be worried sick.
I took her to the vet yesterday but apparently there is nothing wrong with her health. Vet gave her some Vitamin shots but when I woke up today, the same thing.

She's been eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom fine so I can't figure out if this is something serious or not.... What should I do?? ( I attached a photo of her this morning )

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's also a lot more irritable as I try to pet her, and growls at me but she's never been like this before !!

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could she have pulled a muscle or injured herself? Has anything changed in your environment? Is she sleeping in the same spot? I'd be nervous, too.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did the vet do bloodwork or any other testing? Did the vet touch all areas to determine any sensitive spots? If no I'd get a second opinion. Does Mio usually get a little out of sorts after a vet visit? If so give her a few days to get over the vet visit unless her eating, drinking, or litter box usage changes.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you brought her to the vet what tests/exams did they do? Does she go outside? I would get a second opinion. Sudden lethargy does not happen for no reason. (I know you know this, I'm just confused by her "clean bill of health")
My initial thought is physical "body" pain/injury like as r-kins r-kins mentioned, like a sprain or strain but she could also (depending on how thorough the exam was) have an abscess hidden by her fur somewhere that is hurting her.

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could she have pulled a muscle or injured herself? Has anything changed in your environment? Is she sleeping in the same spot? I'd be nervous, too.
I don't think anything has changed in the environment but muscle injury is a possibility. She seems reluctant to go on her cat tower and runs a bit funny. I tried feeling around her limbs but she didn't seem to be in pain or anything though..

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the vet do bloodwork or any other testing? Did the vet touch all areas to determine any sensitive spots? If no I'd get a second opinion. Does Mio usually get a little out of sorts after a vet visit? If so give her a few days to get over the vet visit unless her eating, drinking, or litter box usage changes.
She's usually pretty good with vet visits but I do think a second opinion would be good. The way the vet examined her didn't seem too thorough. It was more like a basic checkup. I'm still getting her blood test done tomorrow just to be safe :(

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When you brought her to the vet what tests/exams did they do? Does she go outside? I would get a second opinion. Sudden lethargy does not happen for no reason. (I know you know this, I'm just confused by her "clean bill of health")
My initial thought is physical "body" pain/injury like as r-kins r-kins mentioned, like a sprain or strain but she could also (depending on how thorough the exam was) have an abscess hidden by her fur somewhere that is hurting her.
She doesn't go outside at all . I did cut out a bit of matted fur ( and found something that looks like a small sliver of scab --pic attached-- and she seemed particularly annoyed when I pet her there . But I'm not so sure if that would cause such a big behavior change ?) . She's getting her blood test done tomorrow and I'm hoping I'd get some answers. She's not reacting in pain or anything when I feel around the limbs but I'll ask the vet to do a better physical exam when I go back for the blood work ..

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn't go outside at all . I did cut out a bit of matted fur ( and found something that looks like a small sliver of scab --pic attached-- and she seemed particularly annoyed when I pet her there . But I'm not so sure if that would cause such a big behavior change ?) . She's getting her blood test done tomorrow and I'm hoping I'd get some answers. She's not reacting in pain or anything when I feel around the limbs but I'll ask the vet to do a better physical exam when I go back for the blood work ..

yjnam100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops, sorry. This was the patch of scab

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was the matted fur somewhere that anytime she would move or jump it would pull the fur? Maybe that's all it was? Matted fur can really hurt if it get's knotted really close to the skin and it can also cause skin lesions.
Now that you've cut it out, has she been acting a bit better?