cat suddenly cuddly with other people

scylla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
normally my cat is pretty affectionate with me! but i recently moved into a place with roomates as a temporary solution to a problem...now he's avoiding me and cuddling with my roomates :0 why is he suddenly not my buddy

one note: he's very social and does like other people but he doesn't normally choose to sleep in other peoples laps aside from mine, my boyfriends and my brothers laps! he's also determined not to cuddle with me for the last few days :(

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@scylla

Don't think your cat is avoiding you. He is a very socialable cat as you mentioned and gets well with others. So now he has made more friends like with the room mates. Proably your room mates have the right chemistry with your cat.
Look on the bright side, now you have more help to take care of your kitty and your kitty has got more friends to play with which leaves you more time to do your own things. And at least your cat dosen't go into hiding because of the new place and strangers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scylla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:0 I suppose thats true yes haha i'm just worried cause he hasnt been wanting any pets lately

scylla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hes lazy but i encourage play whenever he's not busy napping in the coldest spot he can find in the house :)

he's only scratched people because of two reasons: he's a clumsy cat who trips over nothing. and because when he plays he thinks its a great idea to go after the fingers :( not a big deal when he only likes string and things on string. :p if the human isn't holding it then the cat doesnt want it!

he usually crawls into your lap and just sleeps there for a while. or mews a bunch to be picked up onto your lap.

Edit: and i never force cats into my lap :0 at most i pick mew up onto my lap (because he's clumsy and claws people when he tries to jump on) but he doesnt mind usually and if he doesn't want a lap he'll jump off ;P

Last edited:

scylla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you we realized why he was cuddlng other people!
he ate some plastic that was upsetting his tummy and it was my fault in his kitty mind :0 (even though he probably pulled it out of the trash or something) because now he's avoiding the roomates and their room and hanging out on my feet today

one time i sat on him by accident and he blamed my boyfriend...he peed on his legs! so i'm not suprised i apparently did something wrong

Last edited: