Cat stroller

Szewan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if those cat strolllers are safe for cats - safe in a sense they won’t be able sneak out and escape? Anybody owning one? I have an overweight cat (on a diet now!) and wonder if it’s a good idea to use one to take him to the vet - without me breaking my back!! Last time I took him to the vet about 6 months ago in a cat carrier - just taking him up/down the stairs and and/off Uber - my muscles ached for 2 days!

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have ramps a stroller will make your life easier. Carrying a stroller up and down stairs would be awkward and cause more pain. If you have a lot of stairs a carrier with a long strap you can cross over your body might be better. This one also has wheels for when your on flat ground. Amazon.com : Katziela Airline Approved Removable Wheeled Pet Carrier for Small Pets. Upgraded Structural Design for Ultimate Strength Mesh Panels & Plush Mat. Compact and Durable 19"x22"x11" (Grey Bone Cruiser) : Pet Supplies

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are carries with wheels. Here's a thread:

Not all that helpful to get up and down stairs or in / out of cars but it's something. You can't put a stroller in an Uber car. Like any other kind of stroller, you'd need to fold it up and put it in the car or trunk. What would you do with the cat then? For the driver's and your safety, the cat can't be allowed to roam freely in the car and possibly cause damage.

A mobile vet who does home visits may be an option.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
At one of my vets' offices, I noticed that a number of older ladies bring their cats in strollers. Some designs appear more secure than others but I have to admit that I have never taken a close look as we go to the vet in my car and the logistics as mentioned by LTS3 LTS3 would not work for us. These women all live locally and the vet is located on the main street in a village type shopping area so they probably put the cat in the stroller at their house, wheel the cat to the vet, then put him in and wheel him back home. A lot of homes in that area do not have big steps or long flights of stairs.