Cat stitches coming out again and again!!

NishthaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, i am very worried about my cta..she got a C-section surgery as she had complications while giving birth. She got a pretty long incision in her belly. The stitches were very neat but i somehow the stitches of her belly came out and they were redone we thought that everything thing is fixed now but her stitches of the same place keeps coming out. Even though we are keeping a watch om her 24/7 but i don't know why the stitches of her lower belly remains moist and due to the moisture they come out again and again..please help me with your suggestion i am totally exhausted now!! Just want her to get healthy but don't know why the stitches keeps opening.Here's a picture of her opened stitches .
IMG-20210614-WA0009.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww, that's. . .unpleasant, poor girl. Does she lick it? Work closely with the vet on this, because if it gets infected I think it could go very bad very quickly. Things I'd want to ask the vet:

Maybe staples would work better?

Or wrapping it up in a compression bandage and keeping a onesie on her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NishthaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eww, that's. . .unpleasant, poor girl. Does she lick it? Work closely with the vet on this, because if it gets infected I think it could go very bad very quickly. Things I'd want to ask the vet:

Maybe staples would work better?

Or wrapping it up in a compression bandage and keeping a onesie on her?
We use compression bandage and even a onesie but there is some secretion from the stitches which make them moist. I'll take her to the vet tomorrow as it 11pm where i live.. He would probably redo her stitches..do you know if there are any medications to dry them up quickly.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are probably at the vet by now, but if not, don't use anything on the incision like peroxide or antibacterial soaps. Please let us know what happens.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Agree with above, and do let us know. Different suture materials have different strengths, so if your vet isn't changing the type of suture maybe ask him to, or see another vet.