Cat Started Throwing Up 2 Days Ago And Has No Apetite.

mariauzumaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I’m desperate for some advice. My cat Leo, is almost 2 years old. He’s always been a healthy cat but a couple days ago he started to throw up. He won’t eat anything at all. I’ve tried to force feed him but he acts nauseous. I’ve been giving him water with a syringe because I’m afraid he’ll get dehydrated and die. I’ve also purchased Opcid Ac and I’m giving him 1/4 of a 10mg every 12 hours. But it doesn’t seem to help. I suspect it was a hand warmer he might’ve eaten because my boyfriend left it out on Sunday. But I cleaned it up and my other 3 cats are fine. That’s why I haven’t taken him to a vet because I thought it could just be an upset stomach but he’s acting very depressed and it breaks my heart to see him like that. I really don’t know what to do.

Lauren4883

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I’m desperate for some advice. My cat Leo, is almost 2 years old. He’s always been a healthy cat but a couple days ago he started to throw up. He won’t eat anything at all. I’ve tried to force feed him but he acts nauseous. I’ve been giving him water with a syringe because I’m afraid he’ll get dehydrated and die. I’ve also purchased Opcid Ac and I’m giving him 1/4 of a 10mg every 12 hours. But it doesn’t seem to help. I suspect it was a hand warmer he might’ve eaten because my boyfriend left it out on Sunday. But I cleaned it up and my other 3 cats are fine. That’s why I haven’t taken him to a vet because I thought it could just be an upset stomach but he’s acting very depressed and it breaks my heart to see him like that. I really don’t know what to do.
I think you should take him to the vet as soon as you can. Hopefully it’s nothing but it’s better to be safe, and no food for a few days can start to cause liver problems so it’s best to get some expert advice ASAP

ej x

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agreed, vet visit is in order. Maybe he ate something poisonous or that blocked him. Don't risk it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mariauzumaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you should take him to the vet as soon as you can. Hopefully it’s nothing but it’s better to be safe, and no food for a few days can start to cause liver problems so it’s best to get some expert advice ASAP
I ended up taking him yesterday, and yes unfortunately he has a blockage. They gave him a shot and some fluids to keep him comfortable and he was able to eat today and drink water. But I’m afraid I have to get $900 somehow to pay for his surgery . It doesn’t matter though he’s worth it. Thank you for your advice!

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad you found the issue. Sorry it's so expensive. I hope your cat feels better soon! I spend hundreds of dollars on my cat with no diagnosis of the problem, so at least you found the problem.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad you got him to the vet and he's getting the care he needs. Keep us posted on his progress.

mariauzumaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Glad you found the issue. Sorry it's so expensive. I hope your cat feels better soon! I spend hundreds of dollars on my cat with no diagnosis of the problem, so at least you found the problem.
I took him back to the vet yesterday, i managed to get the money for it but thankfully the blockage is passing! They just sent me home with cerenia and they said he probably won’t need the surgery and he’s doing so much better! Thank you!

mariauzumaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so glad you got him to the vet and he's getting the care he needs. Keep us posted on his progress.
Thank you! I really didn’t want to lose him, but he’s doing great now. He’s eating and acting normal again.