cat squatting all over the house

criel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

My CaT Of 3 Has Recently Been Squatting All Over The House But Not Urinating. I've Been Trying To Find OuT What Could Be The Issue And I've Read Kidney Stones Or UTI, I Can Still See Urine In HiS Litterbox. What Could Be The ReAson He Is Squatting But Not peeing?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You said there is still urine in his litterbox but that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a urinary tract problem.  Is there stool in the litterbox he could also be constipated.

Being a male the biggest concern is a buildup of crystals that could be clumping and causing a blockage.  He needs to see a vet very soon.

I took my cat to an emergency vet one night when he was doing this because I thought he was blocked and it turned out he was constipated.  He was still sick the next day so I took him to my regular vet.  She asked me if his tail was up or down when he was squatting and of course I hadn't really noticed.  She told me that usually their tail is up when they are trying to pee and down when they are trying to do the other.  Of course nothing is 100 percent when cats are involved.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are the pee spots smaller than normal? My guesses are UTI, crystals, or constipation. It sounds like the cat is uncomfortable and she see a vet immediately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

criel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There's Also Stool In His Box, I Will Make An Appt. Thanks!!