Cat spayed

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had my kitten/cat spayed 6 days ago. (Shes 7 month old)
The vet says her wound has healed nicely on the outside.... (it's on her side and quite small) she is only a small cat 1.8kg.
she has had no problems with it although the cone does distress her when going to the litter tray.
We opted for a pet pen to keep her in and left her in our bedroom so she was relaxed and safe and I could keep my eye on her which has been a god send for the last 5 days.
Last night she turned into a devil cat.
She's running at the pen, digging her nails in, while trying to scratch her way out this caused her to get stuck in the mesh twice and I had to pick her nail back out which hurt her as she meowed top pitch then hissed and growled when unhooking her she got herself very stuck twice,
Constant meows to get out from 12am to 4am.
Went on strike when I tried to clean her business opting to sit on it rather than let me clean it.
Scrapped out all her biscuits over the pen while looking at me (I'm sure she laughed) she's a monster.
This is completey out of character for her and more than likely due to boredom and frustration.
Could you advise me if you think it best I move her back into her own room minus the pen or just persevere with her for a couple more days

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!

I think we can say safely that your kitty's pretty much ready to assume her usual activity (either that or it sounds like you'll be going nuts).