Cat Spay Incision - Is this normal?

IvyFraize

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20200714_133111.jpg

My cat smoothie just got spayed on Friday and we brought her home on Saturday. It's now Tuesday and I went to check her incision (her incision was glued not stitched) and it looks slightly grey with a small lump. Is this normal or is it starting to get infected? She hasn't been using the bathroom that much either. We've been trying to monitor that but she barely goes.

She's also been extremely vocal since last night, meowing directly at us. I can't tell if she's in pain or if it's separation anxiety from staying at the vet. She's been eating and drinking water just fine, and acting just fine any other way, except meowing and being very clingy.

I plan on calling the vet today once I get off work to get her looked at soon.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that something that wipes off, or is it stuck on there? I can't tell if it's pus or if they got overenthusiastic with the surgical glue.

If it's pus that's an indication of infection, call the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IvyFraize

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would I just wipe it off with a dry paper towel? I don't want to accidentally open the incision.

catheetiem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like W Willowy said, if that's the glue, it's fine! When I had my appendix out last year they glued my incisions, when it was starting to come off it turned a grayish color (was purple when first applied)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IvyFraize

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Like W Willowy said, if that's the glue, it's fine! When I had my appendix out last year they glued my incisions, when it was starting to come off it turned a grayish color (was purple when first applied)
Hopefully it's just that then! It was a darker reddish purple at first but now it's like a grayish undertone. It looks like glue from what I can tell.

catheetiem

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully it's just that then! It was a darker reddish purple at first but now it's like a grayish undertone. It looks like glue from what I can tell.
Yep, sounds like it! That's how mine was. Eventually it'll kinda pill off and one day it'll just be gone!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just dab it with a paper towel, no wiping motion. If it's liquid and comes off on the towel, call the vet. If not, it's probably glue.