Cat Spay Incision- 11 days post Spay

Oford21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
My 6 month old kitten Penelope got spayed 11 days ago now and I checked her incision this morning and it looks as though her scab has fallen off and there is some dried blood in/around the incision.. does the incision itself look opened up or is this just its way of healing? I did just take her to the vet last week to check out a lump which ended up just being swelling and the vet said her incision looked great, but just wanted to post a picture here to see what some of your thoughts were? Overall there has not been any redness, swelling, oozing of pus etc. just want to be sure that this looks ok! The incision is not actively bleeding either but it looks like her scab has come off overnight as it was still in tact when I checked before bed last night.

** Also I had them do the laser surgery VS traditional so she had no external stitches besides the glue. All stitches were internal**

thanks in advance!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Looks normal for internal sutures. Usually they glue the skin together and when the scab falls off it can look odd. Keep the area clean and watch for redness and swelling.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 11 days, she should be fairly well healed. The odd appearance is likely no problem. As was said above, if it's dry with no discharge or odor, she's probably good to go. Ask your vet if there's any change. Just keep her from licking the incision as best you can.