Cat Space

Lulwa71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have 13 indoor cats. Ages between 12 till 6 years. We are planning our new house & we planning to keep them in one place a room overlooking the garden. The room is 3 meter by 6 meters. My question is this a good space for them. Is it ok for thier health?

Ellis75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a reason you want to keep them in one room? That's a very small space for that many cats, especially considering how much of that space the litter boxes would take up. How much space do they have now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lulwa71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a reason you want to keep them in one room? That's a very small space for that many cats, especially considering how much of that space the litter boxes would take up. How much space do they have now?
Now they are all over the house but actually they are using small space each. The reason why? Because my mother in law will be living with us & she is old & has phobia from cats. Is 9 feet by 19 feet is small? The litter box will be in separate area not this area.

Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, No. I wouldn't confine 1 cat to a single room like that, much less 13. But I'm not sure I understand what you are proposing, since you say the litter boxes will be in a separate area. Maybe you can provide more details.

Without further context, I'm afraid I don't have much sympathy for a cat phobia, versus the well being of 13 cats.