Cat sleeps right in front of air conditioner,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum for this but Missy who is getting up there in age has been sleeping right in front of the air conditioner. I am starting to worry if there is something wrong with her that she wants to be in the cold air.

She don't seem to be having any problems other than her eyes seem to water allot some days. I thought she maybe had pink eye again so I put in some of the eye drops the vet gave me for her last time her eyes looked so bad, but I put in a couple drops and the next day her eyes look almost normal. If it was pink eye I wouldn't think they would clear up that fast.

She don't feel like she has a fever to me or act like it. As far as I can tell she is eating and drinking OK. When Tuffy would get a bad fever before he died he would lay in a warm place, not cold. Angel also did the same thing when she was sick with a fever, she would look for a warm place, not cold.

Like I said, I don't know if I should be worried about Missy being sick or if she just likes the cool breeze?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing to look for normal temp and blood flow is their gum color, also checking the glands. Does she seem lethargic at all? Maybe she simply likes it on the cooler side, it could be an acquired thing.....he he

cat brothers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that, ever since he was a little kitten, has liked the cold. He slept in front of the open window in subzero temps with a cold wind ruffling his fur, slept in front of the air conditioner in summer and loves to jump into my freezer and curl up at the back though of course there I intervene and draw the line. Occasionally in the winter time, I let him out on the balcony and he will curl up on the snow, tuck his paws under himself and act as if he were in paradise! Devil of a time getting him back in.
In short, given a choice, he has always preferred the cold and the colder the better.
Some cats just like things on the chilly side.
Cat brothers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She seems to be her old self otherwise, She was tearing around and fighting with the other cats today. Must be she just likes the cold breeze.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one of mine does the same, he likes to sleep on the side of the bed the cold air comes from. Since i only hvae AC in the my bedroom, i have found him sleeping in the bath tub alot since summer as gotten here, when i dont have the bed room ac on