Cat Size

Jendanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! Want to say thanks for the warm welcome!
Finn went in to be neutered today and it went very well. He’s now at home destroying a ball of paper lol I ended up hooking the cone onto his collar as he kept pulling it off with the gauze they gave me! He’s eating and drinking so I think he’ll do fine. He got his microchip and his tattoo as well. Lucky guy lol! Today he is six months and he weighed in at 4.69 kg. When he was in for his second set of shots on Sept 12th he weighed in at 3 kg. He’s already the size of my friends full grown female tabby. I was wondering if he is average sized or going to be a big boy. He must still have growing to do. He still gets the half can I’m the morning and 1/4 cup of dry in the evening. I’ve tried feeding him more but he doesn’t eat it so I think I’ve found the happy medium. What do you guys think? He an average weight? Vet said he’s looking very healthy and perfectly lean but not too skinny.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... look at your poor boy with his "cone of shame". I didn't realize they also had males wear them after neutering. I thought it was just females. Hopefully he'll get it off soon. :catrub:

I had to convert your kgs to lbs, and 4.69 kgs is 10.33 lbs which is around what my 6-ish year old female cat, Ruby, weighs. Male cats are generally bigger and more muscular than females, so I suspect Finn has a bit more growing to do, and weight to gain, especially since at 6 months, he is still a kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jendanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww... look at your poor boy with his "cone of shame". I didn't realize they also had males wear them after neutering. I thought it was just females. Hopefully he'll get it off soon. :catrub:

I had to convert your kgs to lbs, and 4.69 kgs is 10.33 lbs which is around what my 6-ish year old female cat, Ruby, weighs. Male cats are generally bigger and more muscular than females, so I suspect Finn has a bit more growing to do, and weight to gain, especially since at 6 months, he is still a kitten.
Thanks!!! Lol I’m excited to see how big he’ll get haha I think he’ll be a tall guy :) yeah there aren’t any stitches and he’s only meant to wear the cone when I’m not home or watching him. I don’t think it’ll be a hit overnight. He hasn’t been licking tho. I don’t trust him alone with it. He got his little mouth stuck halfway trying to get it off already! I’ve heard that cats can dislocate a jaw doing that so I’d rather just leave it off if I’m not around but we’ll see how it goes!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He sure is handsome. :runningcat:

Total pure guess, because every cat's genetics are different, but my kitten was between 70-75% of her full-grown weight at her 6-month birthday. If that were constant across cats (which is isn't) your boy would end up around 14 pounds.

Enjoy him. Kittens are so much fun!