Cat shivering/tremors

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I noticed my cat is shivering time to time mostly while relaxing and sleepy (not during sleep) The shivering occurs around her shoulder/upper body area. Couple of times i ran to the vet because I thought maybe she had a fever but everything was fine. Is this normal in cats to shiver/tremor right before sleep? Shivering stops when i try to make her active and play. it also doesn’t happen while she is fully asleep. I am highly concerned as you may imagine symptom search is not good for anxious people :D
Thanks!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be dreaming. Try to get a video
I just Googled that subject of Cat shivering/ tremors. There's several reasons why your cat is having this sensation. You should checkout the detailed page.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted here : IMG_5673.MP4
I am sure that she wasn’t sleeping she was about to sleep

Perrinao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am just curious if you have found any reason why your cat is doing that. My cat is doing the same thing under the exact same conditions that you described. The shivers are definitely not from kitty dreams or being cold or anxious. It is always only during relaxation just before falling asleep. Do you notice what time of day it is? I always notice it at night about an hour before feeding him dinner.