Cat Secrets

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it might be fun to compare the things our cats do that they think we don’t know about. For my Willow there are two. Since my bathroom was remodeled a few months back she has never set a foot into the room when I am present. But when I am not around she sneaks into the shower and licks water off the floor. I know because as she does on any surface, she leaves wads of fur behind.

The second is a relatively new behavior. When I am awake she never gets anywhere near my face or my head and only allows me to pet her when she is facing away from me. But lately at night when she thinks I am sleeping she comes up very close, kneads on my shoulder, purrs and leans in so close to me that I can feel her breath on my face . Unfortunately if I even open my eyes she is gone like a shot.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, thats so cute!

My cats dont do much secretive stuff. Except, they behave in front of me only. They know the places they cant be on. I see Elsa fly off the couch when i go down. My sister doesnt want the cats on the couch, which is hard for them. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Another funny one of Willow’s. She LOVES to sleep in the closet and will claw and bang the doors if they happen to be closed. But she will not under any circumstances enter the closet if I can see her do it. I have to be in another room before she will enter her secret sleeping place.

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my door is pretty weak, easy to open. And occasionally either Kumi or Bubbles will get inside when they are not supposed to, but I can never tell if they were the ones who opened it or if it just opened on it's own and they have been standing outside of my room waiting. The two of them also likes to jump on the kitchen counter when I can't see them do it (but oh I can hear it alright). Also there is a reason why I'm always finding paw prints in my bathtub:

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat tries to be secretive. Every time she knows she did something wrong she gets down low and walks fast with her long tail sticking strait back like a stick
That is funny! One of my former cats had what we called her “perp walk” that she used if she was told to get down or broke something. It was at a slightly faster pace than her normal walk. Not running, just getting out of there quickly.

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I first started knitting I saved left over yarn with plans to make a crazy scarf. Then I discovered a yarn discount store and bought so much yarn I forgot about my left over yarn. When my sweet kitty Oscar passed away I began cleaning his favorite places and found little balls of yarn that he had stashed everywhere. He never stole big balls of yarn - just the little ones I wouldn't miss. I adopted a new kitten Ash and she got into everything so I had to move my yarn from a shelf to a drawer. Every once in a while I come home and find yarn all over the house. I was baffled as to how she was managing to get in the drawer until a couple weeks ago I recognized a certain yarn that was one that I first bought and saved the left overs. I then realized that Ash was finding more of Oscar's stashes. Now instead of being frustrated at a yarn mess, I just smile because it's almost like Oscar coming back from the grave.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first started knitting I saved left over yarn with plans to make a crazy scarf. Then I discovered a yarn discount store and bought so much yarn I forgot about my left over yarn. When my sweet kitty Oscar passed away I began cleaning his favorite places and found little balls of yarn that he had stashed everywhere. He never stole big balls of yarn - just the little ones I wouldn't miss. I adopted a new kitten Ash and she got into everything so I had to move my yarn from a shelf to a drawer. Every once in a while I come home and find yarn all over the house. I was baffled as to how she was managing to get in the drawer until a couple weeks ago I recognized a certain yarn that was one that I first bought and saved the left overs. I then realized that Ash was finding more of Oscar's stashes. Now instead of being frustrated at a yarn mess, I just smile because it's almost like Oscar coming back from the grave.
As much as your new baby loves yarn, I would comb your house top to bottom to find Oscar’s stashes. Cats and kittens who carry or chew on yarn may not be able to spit it out because of the barbs on their tongues and will just keep swallowing it. They can develop lethal blockages or even choke on it.

MikyPiky

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats do a lot of secretive things when I'm not looking. There's a window sill in the kitchen that they're not allowed to go on, and Popoki will quite often go up there when no one's around. Charcoal somehow found a way to crack open the cat food bin for the strays outside, he'll sneak in there and eat it when no one's watching. After doing it three times I've started to tape it, bad little boy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I had an issue with one of my two cats climbing on the counter while I was gone. They would pull the cover off of the sugar canister, scoop it some out and roll or slide in it so it went from one end of the counter to the other. Shortly after I removed the sugar canister, I discovered who the culprit was when I came home one day to find flour all over the counter and tiny footprints everywhere in it. One of mine, a devil of a cat, had the tiniest paws that were half the size of most cats and so the guilty cat was easily identified.

Last edited: