Cat scratching corner of mattress

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sticky tape won’t work because I toss blankets around in my sleep (he scratches the top mattress corner.) Will those vinyl stickers work on my little trouble maker? Has anyone else had this problem? I want to nip this in the butt before it becomes a thing.

On s side note. Clipping the curtains shut (with chip clips as temporary solution) stopped Cami climbing the curtains but it Isn’t a long term solution. Little monkey cat!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HUH...new one on me. Try the vinyl stickers and see how they do! And if they work, LET US KNOW! Thankfully, although Hek has MANY faults (sticking her paw in my mouth and jerking my cheek to wake me up being the worst, currently), she doesn't claw the mattress!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Sticky tape won’t work because I toss blankets around in my sleep (he scratches the top mattress corner.) Will those vinyl stickers work on my little trouble maker? Has anyone else had this problem? I want to nip this in the butt before it becomes a thing.

On s side note. Clipping the curtains shut (with chip clips as temporary solution) stopped Cami climbing the curtains but it Isn’t a long term solution. Little monkey cat!
My boy used to scratch the sides of the mattress..to get my attention in the morning...I got me a long pretty bed skirt n now he does hardly ever do it

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would just let him do it and see if he eventually gets bored. Also its unlikely he'll do any *real* damage to the mattress. and no one is going to see it anyway.
I would definitely get a scratching post and put it right by the corner of the bed, and see if he goes to that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved his card board scratcher to the foot of the bed and he still does it.