Is it show of love or hatred?

• Love

• Hatred

Results are only viewable after voting.

Knight's Cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have this 11 month male neutered and fully vaccinated cat..
And he loves to fight.
To be specific only with me. No one in the family has ever been bitten by him, except for me. And it is him who always initiates the fight. Like I am in my room, and this demon suddenly decides to jump on the bed, and get in a fighting position with his ear all rolled back, his back arched up and the tail all fluffed up. If given no response he tries to bite my hand and feet and after that if I try to catch him then he runs away waiting for me to run after him, just so that he can ambush me.
But he also regularly shows affection with request for petting and sleeping near me.
The problem is that the few bites he has managed to put on me have left scars after healing. And I don't know what to do.😥
I was hoping if someone has got any tricks or tips to remove the scar since these scars are quite different when compared to scars received from different kind of wounds. Also please tell me if someone have had experience like this with there cat and how they resolved it.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And he loves to fight.
To be specific only with me. No one in the family has ever been bitten by him, except for me. And it is him who always initiates the fight. Like I am in my room, and this demon suddenly decides to jump on the bed, and get in a fighting position with his ear all rolled back, his back arched up and the tail all fluffed up. If given no response he tries to bite my hand and feet and after that if I try to catch him then he runs away waiting for me to run after him, just so that he can ambush me.
But he also regularly shows affection with request for petting and sleeping near me.
The problem is that the few bites he has managed to put on me have left scars after healing. And I don't know what to do.😥
I was hoping if someone has got any tricks or tips to remove the scar since these scars are quite different when compared to scars received from different kind of wounds. Also please tell me if someone have had experience like this with there cat and how they resolved it.
Sorry your kitty is doing this, it must be so stressful.
Has he been checked at a dvm for possible medical causes of the aggression?

I would recommend a trial of different meds to try to control it of nothing else turns up.
Sometimes a cat companion can help with these situations. So he will wrestle with another cat who likes to instead of focusing on you. You can try distracting him away from it with wand toys and towels as well to stop him from biting you.

As far as the scars go mederma works well for that. If it is really bad a laser treatment may help.

Years ago I had a kitten who became feral at 6 months, she was a feral kitten but tame. I have never seen that before. She did not bite or attack, but she would scratch at times and I still have a scar on my hand. At dvm she had to be pre sedated and she was still aggressive. I was the only one who could hold her and who she was really affectionate with. Back then no one medicated longterm, but I am sure it would have helped her.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If this cat is docile around everyone but you, you may have to consider it has something to do with colognes/perfumes, soaps/lotions, etc. that you occasionally use. Scents on your clothing/shoes related to your job or other places you frequent outside the home. It could also even be because of some sort of medication that you take, but if taken consistently that may not be as plausible since he is also likes to spend time with you. You'd be amazed how some scents can affect cats.

Do you play differently with him than other members of your household? Maybe he thinks you are his personal 'sparring' partner? Tossing toys, like 'kickeroos', away from you might get him distracted enough to chase and focus on the toy instead of you.

If you can't find/resolve the source of the issue, and the toys don't work, you can always try to be prepared by having a blanket nearby to toss over him (after you say a firm 'NO') and if that alone doesn't stop him, pick him up with the blanket and remove him to a time out spot - say a bathroom with the door closed - for just a minute or two. This has to be done consistently and the time outs no longer than that in order to be effective. But I would look for likely sources first.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And he loves to fight.
This sounds like the way young cats play with each other but they can set limits by biting/scratching back. He might see you as a play companion. Especially if you chase him. He needs to learn not to use teeth and nails.

At 11 months he lives to play. If a loud NO or hiss doesn't work when tooth or nail touches skin, then put a door between you. Leave, close a door - Game Over.

Have toys everywhere so you can distract him before he gets to the point of going for skin. Besides the regular small toys and string toys get a few infant safe stuffed animals about the same size as him or a little bigger that he can beat up and wrestle with. Get him running after toys. A lot of praise and a treat when he plays without teeth or nails.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There might be some helpful tips here: Cat Aggression Toward People – TheCatSite Articles

Start discouraging the bad behavior. Have patience as it will take time for cats to learn what they can't do. These tips will help: