Cat scooted, butt has markings?

catcora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat (almost 2, male, neutered) scooted on the floor yesterday morning after using the litter box and I’ve went to check if his butt is okay- it had a bit of black markings around it and I am not sure if that is his skin colour or if there is something wrong. I also noticed it also is very ever since slightly reddish, not sure if I am just being paranoid or not
629D4665-B963-4F69-9B86-4029E8C049FE.jpeg
AABDF439-01FA-4B6C-96B6-C98F161BE4C6.jpeg

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm no vet, but he looks fine. Done of mine are so dumb, I later have to take a baby wipe to their bums afterwards. But your little guy looks fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm no vet, but he looks fine. Done of mine are so dumb, I later have to take a baby wipe to their bums afterwards. But your little guy looks fine.
I did read that his anal glands are at 4 and 8 o’clock and it seems like there are markings there, not sure!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I really can't tell if anything is going on from the pics or not - I tend to agree with the others. However, if you can, you might send the pics (especially the last one) to the vet and ask what they think. It could be anal gland related, which normally would mean that he needs them manually expressed to clear out any residual gland material that isn't being naturally expressed through his BMs.

Sometimes, a cat will have 'stuff' that hangs on to their behinds when they leave the litter box and so they scoot to remove it. Feeby does this every now and again. Look for repeat events back-to-back as that could certainly be an indicator of some anal gland build up.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat does this all the time. But he has hyperthyroidism we're trying to get under control and diarrhea from that.
I agree sending the last image to the vet clinic would possibly save a visit and money so worth a shot.
I do have cats that will do that or of the blue. But it doesn't usually last long/often. Has he done it more than once ore twice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I really can't tell if anything is going on from the pics or not - I tend to agree with the others. However, if you can, you might send the pics (especially the last one) to the vet and ask what they think. It could be anal gland related, which normally would mean that he needs them manually expressed to clear out any residual gland material that isn't being naturally expressed through his BMs.

Sometimes, a cat will have 'stuff' that hangs on to their behinds when they leave the litter box and so they scoot to remove it. Feeby does this every now and again. Look for repeat events back-to-back as that could certainly be an indicator of some anal gland build up.
Thanks!! Been keeping an eye on him and his bum, and gently cleaned it