Cat scared of my dad after vet visit

Catvivid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We were visiting the vet due to my cat Jumbo being ill, and my dad was the one who held her when she got her blood taken, which she was very unhappy about, obviously. Now she's back from the vet, but she refuses to go into our house because my dad is there. She gets scared every time she sees him. I'm scared, will she run away? And she's still weak from all the meds and her poor health. If I can't get her inside, I'm scared that she'll be too slow to run away from a car, or something like that.

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is normal after someone holds a cat for a blood draw or something. I don't think she'll go very far due to her poor health, but something you can do is wait until your dad's in the bathroom or something, then try to bring Jumbo inside. If she doesn't see him right away, that may help. Also expect her to hide for a bit while she's inside, and he's around. It's going to take her a while to see that nothing else is going to happen to her.

If you really want her inside you may need to pick her up if you safely can for the both of you and carry her inside and put her down in a room that your dad isn't in.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad Jumbo is better. Sending healing vibes that Puma feels better soon too. :vibes::vibes::vibes: