Cat Saves Toddler. Can't Believe The Urgency Of This Cat?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love my two cats very dearly, but I never thought a cat would be capable of this kind of urgency. I feel like if I was the cat I couldn't have done better with the speed and pushing of the toddler back to safety.

Was the cat pregnant and thought the toddler was one of it's kittens?

Sorry if I sound like I don't think highly of a cat's intelligence or maternal instinct, but this maybe the most extraordinary cat video I've ever seen before.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that cat gets a good treat for that clever cat. There's a few videos on you tube cat's can be very protective of their humans.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It definitely is right up there! My personal favorite is the one of the cat chasing off a pitbull type dog who attacked "her/his" child, then once the dog was gone, IMMEDIATELY going back to check on the child. Cats truly are amazing!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as cool as that was to watch the cat save that baby from a bad tumble it kinda pisses me off knowing that child is at risk of injury cause that parent isnt responsible enough to child proof the home atleast put somthing to block access to the stairs let alone sweep up those chips of tile etc.knowing all kids put stuff in there mouths

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as cool as that was to watch the cat save that baby from a bad tumble it kinda pisses me off knowing that child is at risk of injury cause that parent isnt responsible enough to child proof the home atleast put somthing to block access to the stairs let alone sweep up those chips of tile etc.knowing all kids put stuff in there mouths
Similar to my thoughts. Parents can afford a smart phone to take and post video, but not basic hygene or child safety. I'd be very concerned about lead paint and other safety issues with a child crawling over wth that is. Still, the cat undeniably went full hero mode, something cool that you don't see every day.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
exa
Similar to my thoughts. Parents can afford a smart phone to take and post video, but not basic hygene or child safety. I'd be very concerned about lead paint and other safety issues with a child crawling over wth that is. Still, the cat undeniably went full hero mode, something cool that you don't see every day.
yepp no sympathy for parents like that on the day dcs. takes their kid

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure the cat is trying to save the kid. That looks like playful pouncing/wrestling to me, triggered by the kid crawling away. But I guess you can never know a cat's motives!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It definitely is right up there! My personal favorite is the one of the cat chasing off a pitbull type dog who attacked "her/his" child, then once the dog was gone, IMMEDIATELY going back to check on the child. Cats truly are amazing!
I remember that one and it wasn't even their cat, right? Just a neighborhood stray. I believe after the incident, they did adopt it and take it inside.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure the cat is trying to save the kid. That looks like playful pouncing/wrestling to me, triggered by the kid crawling away. But I guess you can never know a cat's motives!

I don't think so because the cat actually pushes the toddler back from the steps.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Animals are smart enough to recognize things that pose a danger to (human) babies. One of the funniest things I ever saw was a co-worker's Labrador turn his baby daughter around when she thought the baby was crawling too far away. She did it several times while we were talking.