cat rolling on back in front of squirrel ?

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This might be kind of a weird question, it’s nothing concerning I’m just curious. I have been putting out bird seed so that more wildlife will come around for my cats to watch. One of my cats rolls around on his back whenever the squirrels get close while the other 2 cats get low and put their ears down. He also quietly meows while he’s doing this. He usually does this when he sees other cats outside too and I was just wondering what the reason would be. He always has a different reaction to seeing other animals than my other cats do

Attachments

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Facebook likes to show me cute animal videos. Probably because I click on them. Recently there was one with an indoor/outdoor cat that befriended a deer that would come to the yard.

I think its just like humans -- some zig when others zag. It takes two to tango, so you probably wont be making an unlikely animal friends video of your own anytime soon, but you never know.

D_H

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too cute 😍

We have two cats, Jean and Torti. Whenever Torti is in her back, we know that she want to play, either with us or with Jean.
Could be the same playfulness with your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freddieandchip

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is probably just pleasure or amusement. The squirrel is entertaining, and he is enjoying watching it while the other two are thinking more about hunting and catching it.
Thank you! I couldn’t tell if he was just interested or being friendly lol. He’s so funny with other animals