Cat Ringworm Or Not?

ivy1111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I have a 2 year old male cat name Cookie, I just noticed he has lesion on both his back leg, almost same place and same size on both legs. I'm not sure if it's ringworm or not, I checked him and didn't found lesions on other places, also I don't think it's itchy because he's not scrabbling them at all.

I was out of town during weekend, I didn't notice this before I left on Saturday morning, feels like it just grown out during the weekend...

Can someone please tell me if this is ringworm?

IMG_5902.JPG
IMG_5904.JPG

Kat9055

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can buy a cheap blacklight on amazon or at the store. If it fluoresces, it probably is. My fosters just had ringworm and the spots did resemble your cats.

Goldilox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually, a regular black light won’t do it. It has to be a Woods Lamp b/c ringworm fungus flouresces at a light wavelength that a regular black light won’t pick up. That does look an awful lot like ringworm, but get to the vet to confirm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ivy1111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Kat and Goldilox for the advises, I will bring him to vet today after work to confirm since black light is not 100% fail safe. I placed an order on amazon to get a black light last night, it will has its uses some where else I guess.

Kat9055

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kat and Goldilox for the advises, I will bring him to vet today after work to confirm since black light is not 100% fail safe. I placed an order on amazon to get a black light last night, it will has its uses some where else I guess.
My black light shows ringworm (maybe just certain strands?) and helped me bleach down my house so I don't get it or spread it to my cats. I use 10% diluted bleach (with water). Good luck!