Cat returned again, better but still worried

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again,
I have this semiferal cat that was injured in her rear leg/hip area on 5/22. We tried caring for her but she left the following day only to return again on 5/26. She seemed to be walking better, not being able to run or jump but as I had her in the house feeding her, she wouldn't poop/pee at all for 24 hours. That's when I suspected that she might've had some damage to her kidney, liver or urinary tract. So I let her out on 5/28, and I would have to briefly see her laying down on my shack door when I left for work the following day. That would be the last time I see her again till she returned today 6/6. She's able to run a little, jump down, not up, and she's meowing a lot (I fed her) and she kept following me but now she's sleeping. It's been 2 weeks since she's been injured, she seems better but I still worry about internal damage. I assume she was lightly ran over by a car or something b/c I only saw damage on her right rear leg and hip area, and she has been standing a little crooked. I just want to be able to receive feedback and answers on whether she could die or not, for all im worried about now is that she might be "blocked" or have some sort of life-threatening internal damage. I kept trying to organize a vet visit but it will be very hard as my parents see that there are bigger things to worry about in this world and they'd be upset if I spent more time and money on a cat, so I dont know if ill be able to do that. Again I'd really appreciate feedback, I just want to be able to know if she'll be ok or not

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unfortunately, there is no way we can reassure you that she will be ok or not. Have you seen her urinate and poop since she got hurtt? If so, then she is probably not completely blocked, but you are right to be worried. So many things could be wrong, or she could simply have a bad sprain at this point. There is just no way for us to know.

I will say, though, that the fact that she's still alive since May 22 is a good sign. (to me anyway) But I'd hate to think of her in pain, which may continue forever if say she has something broken that doesn't heal correctly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well no I haven't seen her poop/pee but Im pretty sure she has, as when I put her outside on 5/28 she had a full stomach and when she returned today she was skinny. And yes I understand, I just wanted to add that apart from being able to walk she seems to be behaving like she used to, rolling around and purring and stretching while laying down. She laid down with her mother today in my house, only notable thing now is that she's vocal for attention. I want to assume she's on a rocky road to recovery, but I feel that she's gonna leave again and not come back. And yes the fact that she's survived for two weeks after being run over and went away in the rain and Texas heat makes me be optimistic, but only time will tell.
Thank you for reply :)