cat rescue turns into possible pregnant cat rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cosmotortelloni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No signs of labor whatsoever. This girl has been trashing her crate the last couple of days. I think she's pretty bored of being in there now, which I get. We HATE that she's in there. My daughter and I both work from home and try to visit her during our small breaks.

She sits in her litter box and sometimes just digs and digs throwing litter everywhere. Then she flips her water and food over and we have a muddy littler morsel mess! Her blankets are all twisted, disheveled, etc. I am still leery of her, so I have to wait for my husband to get home from work so we can get her in the carrier and clean her up. This has been happening more over the last couple of days. She's trying to climb to the top of the crate, and you can see the stinker pushing her paws through the sheet to knock it down. Then my male cat gets interested and runs over to where she is and she gets upset.

My husband has a work trip leaving this Sunday and not home until late Wednesday Night (so , basically Thursday) . I'm getting pretty nervous about her delivering her kitty with the trashy messes she makes, and still concerned if she will be maternal.

She looks skinny on the sides, but it's hard to see her belly because she is a long hair on her underbelly. I'm getting scared the kitten died. IDK. She doesn't look pregnant, nor acts it. This girl was basically trying to dangle on the top of the crate! She's a climber and seems as my daughter says "on tip" lol

Oh, and we also just spent $210 on another much larger/taller cat crate for her. She has been having some mood swings periodically while in there, hissing here and there, swiping her paw through the grate, and getting mad seeing Cosmo (male cat) and her doing her warning yowl at him. Whew. I keep thinking what did we get ourselves into, but i know if i knew what I know now, i'd still do it. sigh... When I first heard that cats are preg an avg of 63 days, i thought that's so fast and short, but "it's been 84 years" - Titanic. lol

cosmotortelloni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor thing wants out. I’m sorry that both you and the cat are going through this. Try a plug in Feliway diffuser near her crate. It may help to calm her down.

cosmotortelloni cosmotortelloni
TY! We do have a Feliway plugged in next to her crate.I think she's getting the zoomies. I can't wait to get the new crate. Amazon's driving me crazy with barely any movement on the shipping! Now it's not supposed to be here until Monday which means we won't be able to put it together till Thursday with my husband on business trip. I cannot wait for her to have more room! Here's a picture of what we purchased. Our hope is that eventually, we can leave it open and our kitties will live in peace together, loving the higher levels.

1660297316776.png

cosmotortelloni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TY! We do have a Feliway plugged in next to her crate.I think she's getting the zoomies. I can't wait to get the new crate. Amazon's driving me crazy with barely any movement on the shipping! Now it's not supposed to be here until Monday which means we won't be able to put it together till Thursday with my husband on business trip. I cannot wait for her to have more room! Here's a picture of what we purchased. Our hope is that eventually, we can leave it open and our kitties will live in peace together, loving the higher levels and they come and go as they please.

View attachment 429069

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
TY! We do have a Feliway plugged in next to her crate.I think she's getting the zoomies. I can't wait to get the new crate. Amazon's driving me crazy with barely any movement on the shipping! Now it's not supposed to be here until Monday which means we won't be able to put it together till Thursday with my husband on business trip. I cannot wait for her to have more room! Here's a picture of what we purchased. Our hope is that eventually, we can leave it open and our kitties will live in peace together, loving the higher levels.

View attachment 429069
That is one nice crate!!!

cosmotortelloni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s laying in her little cat cave bed and breathing pretty rapidly. Her eyes are watering. Poor girl. The kitten was fully formed, just beautiful. A week ago Friday, the ultrasound showed the kitten alive and well. 😖

cosmotortelloni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry! How is mom doing now? Poor mom.

If you’re up for it, you can call shelters to see if any orphaned kittens need a lactating mom and you could foster. The shelter would pay for food and probably mom’s spay.
She's sleeping, poor baby. She did everything right, too! She licked off the membranes, chewed on the umbilical cord, etc. As soon as the kitten came out, we saw it was perfectly still. She let us remove it while she ate the placenta. we placed the kitty in a warm cloth, and I did CPR and then my husband took over.

We put the kitty back with her and she kept licking it, and then laid her head on its torso. <3 <3 I love this girl so much. She was maternal!

TY for that idea about fostering. I've never even thought of that. Have you ever heard of any cat rejecting fosters? This is all new to me.