Cat Rescue Groups In Phoenix?

Debp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My elderly uncle, not in good health, lives in Phoenix. He feeds a couple of stray cats. He thinks one of the cats might have a tooth problem. He called the Humane Society to see if they have vet service for the cat. However, the place they told him to go to is too far for him to drive to....I think it was near the airport.

Do any of you know of some free or low cost vet services in Phoenix? Perhaps there might be something closer to him? He lives near 18th & Greenway Rd.

He says there are many stray cats a few blocks from his house. Thanks for any suggestions!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just to clarify, is that 18th STREET or 18th AVENUE? In Phoenix, it makes a huge difference when you're talking about him only being able to drive a few blocks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's 18th Street.

I meant there are many stray cats a few blocks from his house. He can drive further than a few blocks, just not too far as he gets very tired.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I;m guessing the place he already found near the airport is the Arizona Animal WelfareLeague's clinic? I would suggest he call the clinic at 602-358-7267 or AZ Animal Welfare League at (602) 273-6852 and ask if they if they are aware of anyone nearby.

Also, I did find THIS website..trouble is, I'm not familiar with the area your Uncle lives in. Veterinary Clinics: Low Cost & Emergency | PACC911

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks much, I will let my uncle know. Hopefully, they can recommend some place near him.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Halo animal rescue is on 32nd St. and Bell. That may be as close as he's going to get.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, do you have a phone number handy? I guess they have a vet clinic?
Sorry, I was not on last night.
602-971-9222. I'm not sure that this is the one for Bell rd, as there is also one around Metrocenter. But, they can give you the correct phone number you need.
Call and ask about a vet clinic. I'm not sure how they work, I know nothing about them.