- Oct 23, 2000
- On TCS
Here are some of my favorites:
- "The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
-- Leonardo Da Vinci
- "Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
-- Mark Twain
- Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.
- The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it.
-- Doug Larson
- Cats are notoriously sore losers. Coming in second best, especially to someone as poorly coordinated as a human being, grates their sensibility.
-- Stephen Baker
- Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.
-- Jim Davis (b. 1945) cartoonist
- Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise creatures, and cats like authors for the same reasons.
-- Robertson Davies (b. 1913) Canadian novelist