Cat quilt

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Besides loving cats I love to collect cat fabric. This is a 72" quilt made with Michael Miller fabrics called "Kittens for Sale". I have made two of these and have the pieces cut for a third.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This quilt is called Rug Rats in Blue. I made this for my ex-husband's wife. She is a sweetheart. He is only my ex! She breeds Ragdolls and Persians and saves all the strays she can gather. This lady must have 50 cats! I love her dearly.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This beauty is the one I am quilting on this sunny Sunday afternoon. I am not sure who will get this quilt.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you want to see more?????????

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are gorgeous quilts
. I wish I could do that . Do you keep all the quilts you made or do you also sell them ?

Yes more pics please

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful.I wish I had the patience to sit down and learn how to quilt and actually be good at it.

Just out of curiosity,how long does it usually take you to finish one?

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It totally depends on how intricate I want to piece and how detailed I want to hand quilt. I am very fortunate to have a friend who machine quilts. The Kitten's for Sale took me three days to cut and piece and then two weeks to quilt. I felt this was very fast. I am going to post another picture called Willow Mews. That quilt took me 4 months to piece and that long again to quilt by hand. But I did spider webs in each square because there are spider webs in the fabric.

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a whole bolt of this fabric because I liked it so much. There is a cameo of a cat with flowers and a large spider web in each section. So of course I had to quilt spider webs on the quilt.

vettechstudent

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Subee
It totally depends on how intricate I want to piece and how detailed I want to hand quilt. I am very fortunate to have a friend who machine quilts. The Kitten's for Sale took me three days to cut and piece and then two weeks to quilt. I felt this was very fast. I am going to post another picture called Willow Mews. That quilt took me 4 months to piece and that long again to quilt by hand. But I did spider webs in each square because there are spider webs in the fabric.
A little over 2 weeks is making very good time.

8 months on one is a lot of hard work I'm sure.I know I couldn't do it.

They are all beautiful quilts.
I have some that my grandmother made a looooong time ago(she is now deceased)and it's something I will hold on to forever.

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Willow Mews is awesome! I wish I could see some details. I actually think I might endeavour to make a quilt myself now. Oh and it's a wonderful show of character that you get along with your ex's wife so well!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG your quilts are spectacular!! My mom quilted when she was alive and I'm fortunate to have 5 of her quilts. Some of the ones she made would take 6 months or better so I can REALLY appreciate the work you put into these!

Can I adopt you as a family member?!?!?

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He was married secretly right after we divorced. SO I went over and introduced myself. That really freaked him out as he still cannot talk to me at all! She is a sweetheart...I tried to warn her!

subee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have seven younger brothers and no sisters, so I would love to be adopted by you. My mother does not sew and neither do my two daughters. I must have gotten this gene from both of my grandmothers!

I will attempt to get a close up of Willow Mews as I so very proud of the spider web quilting. That was my first attempt using a quilting stencil. I am totally hooked on them now!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is it about cats and quilting? They just seem to go hand in hand with each other (or is that hand in paw?). I am a beginning quilter myself, and I've got to say that those look GREAT !

edited 'cause I can't spell !

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Subee, the quilts are just beautiful! I would love to see more photos or some close-ups if you can get them. They really look wonderful!