Cat puking

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have only wet food. They have been eating fancy feast classic pate for months and have no issues with it. I decided to try the fancy feast gravy lovers and the grilled and now all of a sudden they are vomiting. I do not buy the ones with fish in it. Unfortunately I am not sure which of my 3 is the one vomiting but it’s been 3 days in a row, and that is how long I’ve been giving them the new FF

anyone else having this happen? Could it be a certain ingredient? So frustrating!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, on the rare occasion that I feed FF, my cats do vomit. They won't eat the pate's anymore, mainly because all of them except the turkey and giblets now contain fish and they don't like fish :disappointed:. But when I branched out to something like the Florentine line, especially the ones in Delicate Sauce, they do throw up.

For whichever one of yours it is, could be the wheat gluten, or another of the ingredients used in the lines other than the Classic lines. You might try Sheba cuts if you want them to have something other than pate that is still in a decent price range.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, on the rare occasion that I feed FF, my cats do vomit. They won't eat the pate's anymore, mainly because all of them except the turkey and giblets now contain fish and they don't like fish :disappointed:. But when I branched out to something like the Florentine line, especially the ones in Delicate Sauce, they do throw up.

For whichever one of yours it is, could be the wheat gluten, or another of the ingredients used in the lines other than the Classic lines. You might try Sheba cuts if you want them to have something other than pate that is still in a decent price range.
I’ll have to check out the Sheba line! I like mixing pate with a non pate. They’ve had friskies for a long time too and never vomited. I also have used a few tiki cat after dark recently. Guess I’ll need to do a little trial and error to see which one it is.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have read about other kitties whose tummies did not agree with FF for some reason ? Peanut wont eat it, but she is fussy overall. My Bella ate it just fine, but she would eat anything ... FF seems to not agree with alot of kitties. my friends kitty always vomited on Salmon flavor .My kitties did fine with Tiki cat.... Good luck ! 🤞 :cheerleader:

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have read about other kitties whose tummies did not agree with FF for some reason ? Peanut wont eat it, but she is fussy overall. My Bella ate it just fine, but she would eat anything ... FF seems to not agree with alot of kitties. my friends kitty always vomited on Salmon flavor .My kitties did fine with Tiki cat.... Good luck ! 🤞 :cheerleader:
Thanks. I’m gonna cut fancy feast out for the next week or so and see how they do. I’d love for it NOT to be the tiki cat causing issues. Fingers crossed! I also have KOHA LID duck and chicken

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your cats are the ones that slaughter paper towel rolls?it could be they are chewing up other stuff to :biggrin:but yeah it can be bad reaction to the food graycie cant handle the tiki free rangr rabbit and she raelly likes it to bbut soon as i stopped feeding it she stopped puking

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha yep that’s mine! if there had been chunks of paper towels, I’d know exactly! But this was all food.

I did find another thread where someone said the FFgravy were too rich for their cat so ended up using half a can and watering it down and that stopped the vomiting.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do your cats eat their food quickly? One of mine does and would vomit after eating chunky or shreds or grilled in gravy of any brand of wet food. I switched him to a lick mat ,it dramatically increased his feeding time and stopped his vomiting