Cat pukes after eats some foods

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is a fussy eater. If he’s hungry and eats something that isn’t his favourite he will puke it. Not sure why he does this. I am guessing he is so hungry but eats anyways. Not sure if behaviour issue or not but if I give him something he likes it stays down! Thoughts?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If he is that hungry that he will eat something he doesn't like and then throws it back up - maybe he needs to be eating more often. How many times a day do you feed him? It isn't typical for a cat to eat something they hate, and then throw it back up. Most cats just plain won't eat what they don't like.

If you have a set number of foods that he likes and that he keeps down, I would recommend that you avoid the foods he doesn't like. You can compare the list of ingredients in them all and see if you can find the key about those that he doesn't like and then avoid buying ones with the same ingredients.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is the "something that isn’t his favourite" cat food, or people food?

If cat food, is there some reason why he has to be fed the food he doesn't care for? Also, how soon after he eats it does he throw up? Right away? Or a while later. Just wondering if maybe he has a sensitive digestive system and that the food he doesn't really like, upsets his stomach.

Heelfan71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat throws up from time to time.....It's usually when I am in bed and I hear that God awful sound of them puking..... Ugh