Cat poops every 2-3 days

bishoy.isaac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 yo male cat was pooping every day but when he had some blockage I changed his diet to RC Urinary SO, plus I was and still giving him RC hairball gravy every day. Ever since I changed his diet he's pooping irregularly, he sometimes poops every 36 hours sometimes 50+ and he can stay like 60+ hours without passing stool, last week he pooped twice in one day
When he poops the stool is regular size and color not so soft and not hard and he's not straining to pass stool
My vet is closed due to covid19, I contacted him he said it's nothing to worry about and prescribed him Mosapride 5mg, today he started taking it
Has anyone ever experienced his/her cat pooping likewise irregularly?
Thanks you guys in advance

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hard to say, diet change can change their poop schedule....Allie pooped every three days her whole life but when she got royal canin fiber response recently she was pooping more often and it looked like dog stools.....

If hes going less often and having small portions of hard poop id be worried but if theres a normal amount of poop I wouldnt worry..

Hard to say, lot of factors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bishoy.isaac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hard to say, diet change can change their poop schedule....Allie pooped every three days her whole life but when she got royal canin fiber response recently she was pooping more often and it looked like dog stools.....

If hes going less often and having small portions of hard poop id be worried but if theres a normal amount of poop I wouldnt worry..

Hard to say, lot of factors
His poop is normal he might have like 1 or 2 small pieces but normally it's regular size and shape and feels like playdough