Cat pooped my bed

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Allie pooped on my bed last night and I dont know why...She does this if she has diarrhea but her poop was normal, she peed on my bed a month ago cause she was nervous when I hugged her on my bed but i cleaned it with enzyme remover......

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes all the enzymatic cleaners don't remove the smell to cats. If she was nervous when you hugged her on your bed I would say it's not a comfortable and safe place for her and it might be best to keep her out of your bedroom.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you brought her to the vet for an exam? How old is she? The reason I asked about her age is because if she's a senior it might be time for routine bloodwork.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There could be many reasons why a cat might poop outside the litter box. Is her box clean? Do you have other cats? Perhaps the box was being used by another cat, IF you have more than one cat and not more than one box. Perhaps she simply couldn't get to the box in time for some reason (age, as suggested above, or arthritis which slows her down, or some other ailment?), perhaps she has another health issue. Cats with health issues will often pee or poop outside their boxes as this is the best way to get our attention to let us know something is amiss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot i have recorded security cams! I just checked and she did go into her litterpan and was in there for a while smelling it. Oliver pees in there the most, Allie the offender pees mostly in the bathroom pan.... Then she came out and went on the bed..

I have two cats and three boxes, this incident was in the catio, their 5 years old and never had a problem with the smell of each others pee etc...

I added one of her old pans next to the pan she snobbed, so now 4 pans setup

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was the box she was sniffing around in dirty? It's hard to figure out cats, but if it was dirty, or dirty in her mind, that may be why she did her business on the bed, to let you know she wasn't happy with the condition of the box. Normally that fourth box wouldn't be necessary, but sounds like a good idea. Hope it works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She went on my bed again, on my sleeping bag...I watched the video and she didnt even go to the litter she went straight on my bed? WTH

Made a appointment for next thursday

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hope they can figure out what's going on. Could even be a UTI. My cat had a Bladder Infection and that was the last thing that would have occurred to me, given what was happening with him. Not pooping outside the box, but also not doing anything remotely related to that issue.