Cat poop is white

faganfamily1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have a 1 and a half yr old fe cat, and I guess I should have seen this before, but I looked in her littler box the other day, and she has formed partly white poop. I have never seen this before, but I have seen some white residue around her butt. Any ideas?

She has not been exhibiting any other problems, she is eating well and has been eating the same food for almost a year. She is playful and very normal for her.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what does she eat?

a raw diet produces a "chalky and pale stool". but sounds like she's been eating the same thing for a long time?

should probably take a stool sample to the vet but also...

any chance kitty is eating bird poo? cats don't usually do this but I know dogs do and the uric acid in bird poo will turn your pets' stool white.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
VET check time/.//

Yes in some cases raw ( usually those on a white meat) will have "petrified poop" that is chaulk white in color /// it is a sign they are digesting as much as they can ...

If not on raw it could be worms or a sign of infection

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faganfamily1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone thanks for responding. She only eats cat food, purina salmon and tuna. My DH was giving her milk, but that hasnt happened in awhile. He was giving her fat free milk, but I saw it was bothering her stomach, so we put a stop to that.

She still does have worms however, so I will take her to the vet. thanks!!