Cat poop -- Concerned (POOP PICS ARE INCLUDED)

Franka purr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, thanks so much for the detailed info!! I'll bring up the elm bark w/ my vet.

I did try to slowly change it over by mixing them but wood pellets and clay litter do NOT mix well, haha. So I changed one to wood until the next time to clean them out and upped it to two, and from there, 3. Sorry, I don't know what you mean by balk:( They all use it, and the pee was a kinda one-off incident so it also may be her because sometimes she doesn't go in far enough and accidentally pees out the edge(even in the large litterboxes I got TT.TT) I am trying to see how I can make sifting litterboxes, because it might be an issue of stepping on pellets that have been peed on.

Yes! Same formula and even flavor. I made the mistake about half a year ago of getting the salmon flavor (it was 50% off) and they refused it completely.
Hello! Did you fnd out what it was in the end? My cat is displaying the same symptoms - he's on steroids at the moment to reduce gut inflammation, but the mucus continues to appear (he had some blood in his stool up until a couple of days ago). Thanks!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello! Did you fnd out what it was in the end? My cat is displaying the same symptoms - he's on steroids at the moment to reduce gut inflammation, but the mucus continues to appear (he had some blood in his stool up until a couple of days ago). Thanks!
This thread is over two years old so you may not get any response. Why is your cat already on steroids? Has he been diagnosed with IBD? I'm guessing your Vet is aware of this issue of mucus in his poop? If not, they definitely need to be informed. Did you read the article referenced in post #3 of this thread? Here is a quote from it:

"What causes blood or mucus in my cat’s poop?
There can be many causes of blood or mucus in a cat’s poop. Some common reasons include:

Franka purr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This thread is over two years old so you may not get any response. Why is your cat already on steroids? Has he been diagnosed with IBD? I'm guessing your Vet is aware of this issue of mucus in his poop? If not, they definitely need to be informed. Did you read the article referenced in post #3 of this thread? Here is a quote from it:

"What causes blood or mucus in my cat’s poop?
There can be many causes of blood or mucus in a cat’s poop. Some common reasons include:

Thanks for the above - yep, I've read it. Oof, yeah, it's been a real journey and very hard to diagnose. He's on steroids as he has asthma, he was on them for 2/3 years - and a year ago, the vet and I decided to try taking him off his steroid pill and get him onto a steroid inhaler that would directly go into his lungs and not have it affect the rest of his body. Since then, he's had a similar period of bloody poos followed by mucus and then pancreatitis a couple of weeks after, for which he was hospitalised. Initially, the vet said it was unrelated, but I found it odd that the problems were so close together. He also had an ultrasound and not much came back except that his intenstine wall was quite thick. Since then, he's had a few short episodes of vomiting and diarrhea when eating, which would clear up in a day or two. And recently a new episode of bloody poos and now ones with mucus. The vet said he's probably a highly allergic cat and suggested we try going back on the steroids. He's only been back on them for 10 days, so I don't know how long it would take for the inflamation to go down if that's the problem. The vet has sent a faeces sample to the lab and waiting for results. The next step they suggested is endoscopy, but I think we decided that will be a last resort and will try to see if we can figure out what's going on without doing one. So that's why I'm curious to know what other cats with similar symptoms have come up with.
Let me know if you get any ideas re the above.