Cat Play After Eat

Stinky15

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does your cat play before or after eating? I have always heard that Cat's play / eat / sleep.
My cat plays after he eats, he seems to get a burst of energy from the food. He doesn't always do this, but seems more frequent lately. Sometimes when I give him a treat of cooked Chicken he does it also. Does your cat do this?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is literally different every single day with every cat I ever had lol. It also depends if I intervene with toys. All cats are different and have their preferences.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy always wants to play Chase Me, Chase Me after dinner, before going upstairs for the night. You have to catch him before he really gets going and then barfs.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby doesn't play a lot after she eats, though occasionally she will, and I always wonder if it's good for her digestion to be jumping around right after eating. So far, no issues, so I guess it's fine.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm home and not feeding Krista (because she's on a schedule!), at some point she will get restless enough to bat the Cat Dancer to keep herself busy until it's feeding time. If I'm not home, then she's usually just waiting in the "when are you coming home?" spot by the door. But almost universally after eating and usually directly after the litterbox, she'll tackle a catnip mouse on the floor and give it the kick of death and the cheek rub. (That's sending your prey mixed messages!)

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scheduling issues and life for me usually means the cats get fed right when I get home and played with about an hour later. No ill effects have been noticed.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine usually follow the following schedule: Eat, poop, run around like crazy, sleep.