Cat pet insurance

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I like to insure my pets with pet insurance. I originally had healthy paws for a couple years and didn’t have any huge problems with them but they did keep increasing my premiums and so I ended up looking elsewhere for a different company. I settled on PetsBest and have really not liked them. They considered a cold a ‘pre-existing condition’ because she had experienced a different cold before I was insured. And they just denied another claim because they said they were unable to get extra info from the vet. But I had already sent them all my medical records so I have no idea what else they’d want.
So basically I’m looking for a different pet insurance because I don’t want to be stuck with an unreliable company if something big happens to the cats.

so I wanted to know if anyone has tried any other insurances and what their experiences have been.
Thanks!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Personally, I would keep on the "extra info from the vet" part of the denial. Find out exactly what they want and see if you can forward it to them.

Did you upload your claim? The only major problem I had was when I sent in via snail mail a huge medical file on one of the cats and apparently no one in the office bothered to forward it to the appropriate adjuster.

All pet insurance companies report to the state insurance commission. If you have been wrongly denied or given the run around, you can file a complaint.