cat peeing on blankets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so we have been doing a ton of playing with all of them (and feeding gizmo) doing treats together, watching so i does not seem that bob is getting mad while we watch television etc. everyone seems to be ok, i did notice this morning that Rufus is very hissy, again like i said, in the morning. beside for the playing and trying to have positive interactions between them, is there anything else that you would suggest? there have been no incidents since friday. also, i think i had said that bob seems aggressive when he and bowie play fight but i've been watching that a little more, and it seems like usually bowie is the aggressor, for what its worth. thanks

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so we have been doing a ton of playing with all of them (and feeding gizmo) doing treats together, watching so i does not seem that bob is getting mad while we watch television etc. everyone seems to be ok, i did notice this morning that Rufus is very hissy, again like i said, in the morning. beside for the playing and trying to have positive interactions between them, is there anything else that you would suggest? there have been no incidents since friday. also, i think i had said that bob seems aggressive when he and bowie play fight but i've been watching that a little more, and it seems like usually bowie is the aggressor, for what its worth. thanks
"so we have been doing a ton of playing with all of them (and feeding gizmo) doing treats together" - Great. The play should build confidence while the feeding together should make a positive association and a positive encounter which builds trust and confdience.

"watching so i does not seem that bob is getting mad while we watch television etc." - Great. And reassure him, talk lovingly and confidently to him to reassure him that all is well.

" everyone seems to be ok" - Great

" i did notice this morning that Rufus is very hissy, again like i said, in the morning." - Any idea why? Was he hissing only when Bob came around or in general? Did he seem extra hungry? Is he able to look outside during the night? I wonder if he is seeing other cats outside, etc.

" beside for the playing and trying to have positive interactions between them, is there anything else that you would suggest?" - Really just reassuring. giving them plenty of places to be warm and comfy, to hang out, to go high.

"there have been no incidents since friday. " - Whew, great. Fingers crossed we are making progress.

" also, i think i had said that bob seems aggressive when he and bowie play fight but i've been watching that a little more, and it seems like usually bowie is the aggressor, for what its worth." - Interesting. That could be something we call "redirected aggression". So a cat feels threatened or insecure and they take it out on someone close, who they love. So it could be Bob feels threatened and stressed and then takes it out on Bowie. So try to keep their interactions as positive and also keep doing what you are doing with the Play, Food, Height, Love, positive associations, positive encounters.

Something is unsettling Bob. BUT building his confidence will definitely help.

"thanks" - You are very welcome. Just keep a close eye on the body language and interactions and keep working on the above we mentioned. We will solve it.

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it’s more because in the morning they are all kind of swarming me to eat and too many too close

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it’s more because in the morning they are all kind of swarming me to eat and too many too close
Ok. So there might be some resource (food) competition?

Then once they get their food and eat it goes back to normal pretty quickly?

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yes i never thought of it like that i just thought maybe it was too many cats too close. i think it’s more in the morning though because i don’t really notice that at other feeding times. maybe i’m more stressed in morning especially on days i have to go into office because i try to do too much before i hav to leavd

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i never thought of it like that i just thought maybe it was too many cats too close. i think it’s more in the morning though because i don’t really notice that at other feeding times. maybe i’m more stressed in morning especially on days i have to go into office because i try to do too much before i hav to leavd
Well, I am not sure.

I know my ferals tend to get excited about eating (at all times of the day but not every time) and they can get a little "funny".

I am helping someone now that the one cat chases the other every morning before feeding.

I think you are right, too many cats too close AND the excitement of wanting to eat.

Do you think it could be that they are more hungry from not eating through the night?

Does it happen more often on days you go to work than other days?

I am trying to think of a way to maybe reduce the negativity. I know it is hard to though since everyone wants to eat right away. :/

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i feed the cat four am, but my husband feeds them at about eleven at night and then we feed them at like one or two in the afternoon. that’s because of the small amount of wet we can give the little guys at a time. they have dry always out. they definately eat more in the morning though but they can’t be super hungry

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i feed the cat four am, but my husband feeds them at about eleven at night and then we feed them at like one or two in the afternoon. that’s because of the small amount of wet we can give the little guys at a time. they have dry always out. they definately eat more in the morning though but they can’t be super hungry
That is really good.

Well, night time is hunting time etc for cats so there could just be that pent up energy.

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so we have been doing good doing a little scent swapping by brushing and changed litter to some behavioral litter. so far so good and last night the little guys actually slept for a time in the family room with at least ruffy and there was no fighting at feeding time this morning!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so we have been doing good doing a little scent swapping by brushing and changed litter to some behavioral litter. so far so good and last night the little guys actually slept for a time in the family room with at least ruffy and there was no fighting at feeding time this morning!
That is really good. I really like the scent swapping and of course the playing, positive encounters, etc.

Interesting they slept in the family room room with Rufus. Positive encounter it sounds.

And I love to hear about the no fighting at feeding time. Did you do anything different?

Great job. We will fix this. Keep up the great work!!

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so we are nine days per free and putting out couches back together with waterproof covers of course. fingers crossed

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so we had one little incident with bowie in the last couple weeks we are on the road to recovery. thanks calicosrspecial for all you help and good holidays and safety to you. keep helping people! and cats of course.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so we had one little incident with bowie in the last couple weeks we are on the road to recovery. thanks calicosrspecial for all you help and good holidays and safety to you. keep helping people! and cats of course.
Oh, THANK YOU for all you are doing and for saving their lives and giving them a great home!!

I am so happy to hear things are going in the right direction. Did I know about the one little incident?

Keep doing what you are doing. Building confidence, positive associations, positive encounters. I know you can you do it!!

REALLY GREAT work and I hope you and your family had a great holiday season and I wish you all a healthy and safe and happy 2021.

If you ever need anything please reach out. If I don't respond to a post then I didn't see it and just send me a message about it.

I am so proud of you, your husband and all the cats!!!

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks! bowie is the funniest when he catches his favorite flying toy he walks off with it with his head held high and a kind of hysterical strut. it’s awesome: thanks again and i will reach out if need be

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks! bowie is the funniest when he catches his favorite flying toy he walks off with it with his head held high and a kind of hysterical strut. it’s awesome: thanks again and i will reach out if need be
I LOVE THAT!!! CONFIDENCE!!!

I think that is a good sign for your progress.

Keep up the great work. Always here for you!! :)