Cat on strictly prescription diet

kikoandgus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

So my cat Gus had a bad blockage back in August where he almost lost his life. Ever since then he has been on a strict prescription c/d diet. It has been extremely pricey as he eats one can a day (half in morning half at night). So basically 24 cans costs around $65 dollars. (The dry c/d urinary stress small bag is $35 and i add a small amount once a day),and it only lasts around 24 days. Does anyone have any advice on how to cut costs/save money? This is financially detrimental to me as I live alone and pay all my bills myself. Any advice will help, please!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prescription food may not be needed at all despite what the vet says. It's ok to disagree wth the vet about food. Take a read through these:

Most cats with urinary issues do well with a canned food only diet. Any cat prone to urinary issue should not have any dry food.

Some people add a d-mannose supplement to the cat's diet but this may depend on the type of urinary issue the cat has. Your vet most likely has no idea or experience using this supplement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kikoandgus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m just now reading this. Thank you so so very much. The first article was extremely eye opening and informative