Cat not urinating.please read Help - Members in India?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just sprayed now. He meowed me to open the crate and I watched him carefully. He smelled the house for half an hour and sprayed on the wall. I'll collect fecal sample and take him for blood test. But how should I collect urine sample if he's spraying. His body temperature is 100.2 F now.
ALL cats need to be spayed or neutered. When he is neutered and his hormones settle down, he will almost certainly stop spraying and the strong smell will lessen.
ANY trouble in urinating can be LIFE-THREATENING. It is a serious emergency. He needs help right away.
World Spay Day – Seven Great Reasons to Spay or Neuter Your Cat During Covid and Beyond | Zee & Zoey's Cat Chronicles

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Type in animal rescue india or animal shelter india.

One organization I'm not seeing come up in my search of this is Blue Cross India so that's another one.

Also there's this one, and if they can't help, any one of these organizations might know of others that aren't listed.
Home 2

and this is another list;
Groups We Help

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also there's this one, and if they can't help, any one of these organizations might know of others that aren't listed.
Home 2

and this is another list;
Groups We Help
Thanks a lot. There's one NGO in this list VSPCA which is in my city. I'm trying to contact them. But their numbers are not working. Actually I called them few years ago for a street dog. They rescued him. But I don't have their no. now. Might be they can give me some info about where they will do blood tests for cats. I'll try other organisations too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse James

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He just sprayed now. He meowed me to open the crate and I watched him carefully. He smelled the house for half an hour and sprayed on the wall. I'll collect fecal sample and take him for blood test. But how should I collect urine sample if he's spraying. His body temperature is 100.2 F now.
Any vet can get a urine sample - you don't have to get it. It does sound like a blockage of some type - it may have cleared itself, but you definitely need to get him to a vet or clinic AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Some male cats are prone to getting blockages - he'll get another one if he's not treated. If he is prone to kidney stones your vet should tell you how to correct it - usually a specific type of cat food.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep us posted!! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Please keep us updated! Prayers and vibes for Snowy's speedy healing
Snowy's temperature is now increased to 103.1 F. Yesterday night it was 100.4F. He didn't drink water yesterday but ate little less than normal. I gave him fluids through syringe. He peed normally now after so many days in normal sitting posture. But his temperature is now increased and he's looking very depressed and dull.

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any vet can get a urine sample - you don't have to get it. It does sound like a blockage of some type - it may have cleared itself, but you definitely need to get him to a vet or clinic AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Some male cats are prone to getting blockages - he'll get another one if he's not treated. If he is prone to kidney stones your vet should tell you how to correct it - usually a specific type of cat food.
They have done xray. There are no kidney stones. His urine report shows no crystals or bacteria. The vets are not able to say what is his problem. Another vet told me to do kidney function test and liver function test. But they are saying human equipments are not useful for cats. And my city don't have any veterinary laboratories. I don't know where to go for blood tests. If not crystals, bacteria or kidney stones. What else could be the reason for a cat not able to pee. Strange thing is Snowy never strain to pee.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...this could be irritated urinary tract. Is his cat litter unscented/fragrance free? Is the drinking water fresh, clean water such as good well water (water from a municipal source can have harsh chemicals so needs to be filtered) ? Could he be laying on bedding or fabric that was laundered with scented detergent? If he goes outside, could there be exposure to pesticides or fertilizers? This case calls for some good detective work!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be able to connect with a local healer knowledgeable in Aryuvedic medicine. They should know more about the herbal medicine available in your area. Here is an article for your consideration:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are 5 different numbers to call on the Get in touch with us! – Visakha SPCA India, Inc. (vspca.org), did you try all of them?
The comments made on this site suggests you have to be 'diligent' in order to get through to someone. Are you saying none of the numbers are operational? There are a couple of email addresses included - maybe sent emails to them too? And, there is the address of their main office - if it isn't too far from you maybe you could actually go there? There HAS to be someone within this organization that knows of a laboratory who processes feline blood for testing. Maybe it is just an assumption on my part, but this organization is involved in a feline spaying/neutering program - I would have thought that would mean they could process/test blood, but maybe not...

I also found that The VSPCA partners with AWAKE (Animal Welfare and Knowledge Exchange), and here is a link to their web site. Maybe, just maybe, they can give you additional contacts???? INDIA | AWAKE (awakeinternational.se)

Jesse James

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats don't need to drink water everyday if they eat wet (canned) food. If he peed normally that's a good sign. You may be worrying unnecessarily about his temperature fluctuations daily. That might be normal, as someone else said Fionasmom maybe? He might be depressed and dull because he's in a cage all the time. I would let him out. He might stop spraying once he gets used to the other cats.

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
How are things going? Just once again wanted to check in with you and Snowy.
I'm very sorry for delay in updating. Actually 3 of my other cats has fallen sick. I'm consulting doctors. So didn't update about Snowy. He is doing fine now. He recovered on his own. His temperature is normal. I did nothing. But he still has urinary issues. I contacted some of the NGOs in the list Furballsmom have posted. They told me that normal blood tests can be done in human laboratories for cats. But some specific blood tests should be done in vet labs only.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Snowy is doing better, but so sorry to hear you have other cats that are now sick. At least you have somewhere to go to get some blood testing done when needed for your cat. Did they give you a list of what they can and cannot do - at least so you would know?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Snowy is doing better, but so sorry to hear you have other cats that are now sick. At least you have somewhere to go to get some blood testing done when needed for your cat. Did they give you a list of what they can and cannot do - at least so you would know?
No they didn't say anything in detail but what I understood is some basic tests like CBC, kft, lft can be done. But hormonal tests like thyroid can be done in vet labs only.